Exclamation VPSLAND.COM a JOKE! AVOID at ALL COSTS!

I just finished shutting down my account at vpsland.com, after putting in more than 30 trouble tickets, and waiting 13 days (which is under their 14 day money back guarantee limit) first it was the MySQL could not work because their hardware firewall was blocking port 3306, then horde (which is built into plesk) would not work (i had not modified any settings) and they tried to blame it on plesk (when they had installed it), they give you the cheapest key they can buy for plesk (no MSSQL or anything other than the basics)...... the best support ticket time i EVER GOT was 4 hours, the worst being almost 48 hours, the phone number listed on my credit card statement is a Sprint Cell Phone Number, that nobody ever answers, and on top of all of this, they refuse to honor their 14 day Money-Back statement.... i contacted billing about it, just said thank you for being a customer and that they deleted my accounts (like i asked, no problem there) but mentioned nothing about the money-back statement, which i mentioned in my termination email.... i contacted sales about the issue (via live chat, which was the first time i have EVER seen it online) and they exited the chat.... here is the conversation that was on the chat:

You are now chatting with VPSLAND.com Sales

VPSLAND.com Sales: Hi, Can I answer any questions you have about our VPS products today?
    chris: what kind of money back do you have?
    chris: do you have a guarantee people to be satisfied?
    VPSLAND.com Sales: 14 days
    VPSLAND.com Sales: yes

chris: well i used to have an account with you... which i cancelled in 13 days.... and yet when i asked about it they didnt even mention that... just said that they enjoyed having me as a customer, and that they deleted my accounts (like i asked)
    VPSLAND.com Sales: Ok
    chris: so whats going to happen?
    chris: the account was under the e-mail address of [email protected] and domain name of myghosthost.com and trapprs.org
    VPSLAND.com Sales: you'll need to talk to billing
    VPSLAND.com Sales: i'm sales

chris: that is who i talked to..... untill they deleted the kayako account as well to erease all of the problems i had logged

VPSLAND.com Sales has left the chat conversation

Click Here to Leave a Message

chris: btw this is the first time i have EVER seen the sales online.... and i have called the cell phone number attached to my credit card charges on numerous occasions.... to no answer.... what is a telephone number that i can call and get a person and not a Sprint voicemail?

Now what I am trying to say is that VPSLAND.COM is a joke, never pick them, and they are a NIGHTMARE!

Sorry to hear you had these problems, sounds like the usual tricks many cheap hosts try to pull - cutting corners, ignoring tickets or providing throwaway answers, and refusing or ignoring requests for refunds. I'd be interested to see if there's another side to this story.
    Koroush Ghazi
    Owner/Author
    TweakGuides.com
    Currently Hosted by: EuroVPS

Let Vpsland complete their response, Please post your comments after that. I see they neither denied, but maybe your request was overlooked, maybe a response from their billing will give you a relief.

Do plesk have low priced version for non-mysql ? I wonder if it was possible.

see many such topics,I think their windows vps is not very good.but my linux vps @ vpsland is stable all the time since I bought it at June 2006.
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

i decided to give up on VPS hosting at the moment, so i went with hostnine.com for a reseller account (they seemed knowledgeable on the phone, and were courteous)

guess we will see how they do...

I have signed for vpasland.com account and yet received no server details. Now as I noticed awfull support, I urged them to cancel the order and refund the money.

Why would you have to WAIT until you get your VPS??? I don't understand, isn't the setup automatic? If they do ALL by hand, then they might take about 30 minutes per customer to do the setup, and that's why you might need to wait. But I wouldn't go with a host not capable of writting shell scripts...

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

They are even not able to set up an account in 4 days!

Quote Originally Posted by MIYU-HITORI
    see many such topics,I think their windows vps is not very good.but my linux vps @ vpsland is stable all the time since I bought it at June 2006.
    we are hosted on windows stablely with vpsland, it has been very good, no problems since they upgraded the server in the summer. i think we have uptime of like 80days and thats only because i restarted the server (www.robertmasters.co.uk). if what the OP has said is true then support isnt that great, but this isnt a problem for us as we have never needed it. I cant rember how long it took to set up the vpsland account but we wernt in a rush so not a problem again for us...
    Last edited by doc_flabby; 10-31-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Bad
    !!!!
    !!!!

still no response from them, and am starting the chargeback from my credit card company (vpsland has not even sent me an email, even after calling and e-mailing sales)

VPSland has been disapointing to me too.

I'd keep away as far as possible too.

G
    PutFile.io Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Unfortunately I`ve had problems with their cheap vps plans. I`ve decided to cancel it. No great loss because I wasn`t running any sites on it. I`ve asked for my money back under their 14 day guarantee, but as I expected I got no response from billing. Their sales/billing department is appalling, sometimes it will go days before they reply, sometimes they won`t reply at all. I didn`t even bother using their support because I figured it would be just as crappy.

I would advise them to stop offering the deals/promos so mugs like myself don`t get pulled in, they should concentrate on what they have instead.

Lol, from reading posts in here. They must have a huge daily list of refund requests!!!!

Thumbs down Not you be fools - never buy server in VPSLAND.COM!!!

I had this misfortune to purchase server to VPSLAND.COM
    1. I spent 2 weeks on that in order to dispose the work of site. Support is absent. They read your letters next day after rotation.
    2. There was the case, when server arbitrarily was self turned off. My site because of this was inactive approximately one twenty-four hours
    3. Now i do not have site. All files, all clients, all data -disappeared. Only empty directories remained.
    I'm it is ruined..

i truely feel sorry for you Postradal.... i understand how hard it is to lose data, and especially customers.... my new host (http://www.hostnine.com) seems to be very good, 24/7 support on both the phone and on live chat... with forums and free moderbill licenses.... they even give ssh access to reseller accounts if they request it... and if you request they will enable overselling... they seem to be knowledgable and also seem to be quite courteous.... they are rolling out windows dedicated servers within the first quarter of 2007 (according to them) and i have not had any problems with my reseller account (WHM) oh well... not a VPS but MUCH BETTER SERVICE... i will sacrifice control any day to get a company that knows what they are doing...

I finaly got my refund from VPS land after I had to do a charge back.

Yesterday morning ago I requested a cancellation, and still no response from their billing/sales desk. Sounds to me like they`re a one man show, certainly can`t be called professional more like pathetic!!

I see they managed to find the time to post another `VPS special` on the forum this morning. Keep loading those nodes up with more suckers The request for refunds must be a mile long!
    Last edited by mesobob; 11-03-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Act, I still wonder how some people can have no problem and others are going through hell... Very confusing..

Does anybody here know someone from VPSLAND? If the bad reviews are any indication, the existing customer of VPSLAND should be prepared to move also.

Beware...
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

As with all things in life you get what you pay for.

Too many people on here complain that their $10 per month host has gone under, yet make the same mistake again and again and again.

If you hosting is important to you and your business, pay a reasonable price and you'll get a reasonable service.

Cutting corners just doesn't work.

Look on here for the number of hosts who have gone under and left their clients without anything.

Choose a host that has a good and profitable business model and you won't go wrong.
    UK SSD VPS without compromise - upto 250k IOPS !
    www.clustered.net

I don't wanna move until my vps goes to hell .It's OK now,so no plan
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

I was unfortunate to order an account with VPSLand before reading the posts here.

They are Terrible!!!!!!!
    Have cancelled and hope to get a refund - thankfully I have paid by PayPal and they intervene if necessary.

Run, run away, as FAST as you can.

ulysseNL

You know, looking at vpsland.com's ToS it looks eerily similar (like exactly) to another low cost provider, zone.net. Makes one wonder.

I've been through something similar but thankfully didn't lose any files. Even went with a VPS company that does banner ads here on WHT. I became frustrated as all hell but decided to try one more before I gave up on getting a VPS altogether.

My luck turned when I tried knownhost.com. Not the cheapest but they are excellent. Five months now with them and I'm not too far away from getting a second one with them. When you think about it, if it costs you $5 or $10 more per month, what's that in the scheme of things if the thing is screaming fast, rock solid and the support crew appear genuinely interested to help you. Can't speak more highly of them. These guys are the benchmark in VPS's I think.

Its a sad fact that price seems to be the thing everyone goes by, I did and I got into trouble. Its not really the providers fault I guess, there is massive pressure on them to lower their costs to attract customers. But I've learned my lesson.

So don't let your experience ruin your trust in VPS's. They can be done right and when they are they are sensational.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by reiteration
    As with all things in life you get what you pay for.

Too many people on here complain that their $10 per month host has gone under, yet make the same mistake again and again and again.

If you hosting is important to you and your business, pay a reasonable price and you'll get a reasonable service.
    This is unfortunately the truth. Cheap hosts are usually the worst hosts as my experience has taught me, as well as reading posts here. We all want to save money on hosting, but in the end the few dollars you save by going with a cheap host almost always translate into hours and hours of downtime, headaches and lost data.
    Koroush Ghazi
    Owner/Author
    TweakGuides.com

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    This is unfortunately the truth. Cheap hosts are usually the worst hosts as my experience has taught me, as well as reading posts here.
    Hm, not all necesery. I'm using HostEurope.de and their VPS are quite fast, although support is a bit slow. But, it is OK for me.

After many post here it seems that vpsland is poor quality.
    What is the speed of their VPS? How it can compare to?

Speed isn't the only measure of a host. Stability, uptime, genuinely solving a problem, etc. are the main measures, and there's no way a cheap hosting company usually run by one or two people, using leased (overloaded) servers and usually very little expertise can compete with a quality operation.

When things are running smoothly, it's hard to tell the difference. But just wait until you run into trouble, or ask for a refund, or have any complex problem and see what happens with a cheap host. Not to mention the mysterious unannounced outages...
    Koroush Ghazi
    Owner/Author
    TweakGuides.com

in a nutshell, what PersianImmortal has just said, is the simple truth of the matter.

problem is, that while a cheap vps host is only about $30 less per month, this is already about 40% cheaper than a top class host - and 40% is 40% any way you look at it, rendering the cheap proposition deceptively attractive.

suggestion: if your business model does not allow for this extra $30 per month, try to change your business model. otherwise, even reluctantly, decide to pay this extra $30 - you will not regret it. Full stop.

ulysseNL

I haven't though about stability since I haven't problems with that. Uptime and reliability and QoS is definetly very important.

But speed is big concern. I have two shared hostings - one with Dreamhost and one with GoDaddy. Both of them are quite slow - websites loads too slow.

But, VPS at hostEurope.de runs blazingly fast on my surprise and my website on that server. Maybe I just had luck with my node, maybe most of their users have luck like myself.

VPS is down for maintenance approx. 4 hours a month which isn't ideal but
    I've seen complaints that some VPS company have availability of 90% which is AJKADS*@#*AS