Thread: VPS Land :O

VPS Land :O

vpsland.com

has anyone here ordered from this place by any chance?... im thinking of getting a temp server from them and i need some reviews ;/

this should be in the VPS forum... not dedicated servers

we use vpsland. http://www.robertmasters.co.uk.

I found them not bad, suffered some downtime when we first signed up (back march/april time i think) but has been rock solid since the summer after they did some upgrades. I think they oversell the servers at the prices but we are only hosting a few low traffic sites so this isnt a problem. the main reason we went vps is we needed to run a custom windows app (still being developed so not visible on the site) on the server, otherwise we would have stuck with shared hosting.

** Moved to VPS Forum....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I purchased a cheap windows VPS from them on Friday morning, it took until Sunday evening before I got an email from them saying it was being setup. I sent several emails asking for some information, but the majority never got responded to. It was only after I sent another email saying I would complain to paypal, and mentioned the word scam that I was given my vps info within an hour - coincidence!

That said, the vps seems fine. I won`t be running any live sites on it that`s for sure. I just needed a windows server with admin/root access for some applications I wanted to try out.

For live sites and important stuff you might be better off paying extra for a quality host. For what I need, it`ll do though.

Not too sure why they have a `live chat` icon on the website though, because in six days of visiting their site it was always offline!
    Last edited by mesobob; 10-30-2006 at 07:22 PM.

I ordered friday morning. got my info friday evening.
    I've sent 2 tickets and it took about 24h for their final response. Both had to be sent to second level.

I've setup monitoring with mrtg and hyperspin on the vps. Will keep it runing for about 2-3 weeks and will compare with what I have now. If satisfied, I'll move some sites there.

my website hosted by vpsland:http://www.myblue.ws/blog
    not bad vps provider,I used them for about 6 months
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

I ordered mine Saturday morning and recieved all the details Monday morning, a little after 48 hours after signup. I emailed them once wondering how long it would take after setup time hit the 24 hour mark, but I never got an answer.
    I ordered the Windows VPS in order to test some programs.

I ordered on friday (5 days ago) and still did not receive info from vpsland.
    Support does not respond. Looks like a fraud.

Probably they mean 48 business hours = 8 days

48/8 = 6 days + 2 days (weekend) = 8

used them for a few months, didnt have any real problems, served the purpose i needed at the time

Avoid this awfull-support host!

Support Is So Bad.....

run away, as fast as you can . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ulysseNL
    run away, as fast as you can . . .
    That is putting it nicely

Avoid them like the plague. I have seen soo many bad reviews/experiences (including my own).

There is another whole thread that have user reviews of VPS Land. You might get some *hints...
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo