Question Shopping Cart Needed

I am looking for a shopping cart script of some sort and am interested in finding out what everyone prefers? I need something that is fully customizable and doesn't require a banner or link to the maker of the cart. Obviously I expect that I will have to pay for this and that isn't a problem, depending on the price. I haven't figured out what the price limit is yet and probably won't until I find out how user friendly and customizable the cart is.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

[EDIT: BTW, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize. MOD's please move if deemed necessary.]

Thank you,
    Mark Blair

Try

CityShop from http://nightmedia.net or osCommerce.com.

Both good carts City Shop is cgi written in perl osCommerce is PHP based.
    osCommerce is open source no banners ar links only a small copyright link, City Shop is free if you leave a ad on it $69.00 to remove all ads and links.

Monte

A few suggestions
    Interchange
    osCommerce
    X-Cart
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Take a look around www.hotscripts.com - you might find something.

If you're looking for a ASP based cart, give www.vpasp.com a try. Real solid.
    WebserverCP.NET
    - A Full Featured Windows 2000 Server Hosting Control Panel... "simple but effective"

Thank you for all the suggestions. Please keep them coming as I'm still investigating a few of the ones in this thread. Also, I've installed CGI and Perl scripts before but unfortunately, that's about it. That doesn't mean I wouldn't use a cart that is PHP, ASP, or something else based but would hope that it was easy enough to setup. My current host supports all of these features.

Thanks again,
    Mark Blair

Try PHPCart.co.uk only 8.99 per single license!
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote

Install should be a piece of cake. If you are not feeling up to the task, you might request that your host would install it for you.

Originally posted by markblair
    Thank you for all the suggestions. Please keep them coming as I'm still investigating a few of the ones in this thread. Also, I've installed CGI and Perl scripts before but unfortunately, that's about it. That doesn't mean I wouldn't use a cart that is PHP, ASP, or something else based but would hope that it was easy enough to setup. My current host supports all of these features.

Thanks again,
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Another vote for www.oscommerce.com here. We've used it several times now and it keeps getting better!
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

Smile osCommerce

Thanks again for all the suggestions. After looking through everything, I am probably going to download and use osCommerce. For what I need, it looks like the all-around tool for the job. I appreciated everyone's feedback regarding this thread and welcome further comments and suggestions. Can't hurt to look further. Again, I appreciate all the feedback.

Thank you,
    Mark Blair

Hi
    If you require a solution to enable you to take online orders, and do not have a layout you would like to use already then go for OSCommerce as its got a built in content management system. If you have a layout you would like to keep, then PHPCart could be for you, it is designed to work with your current site and links to the cart easily.
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote

I also vote for oscommerce.com, it's amazing as to all the features you get, plus its FREE!

OSC is the best free thing out there