Has anyone here used this hoster before?

I don't think it's that big/mentioned of a host, but I've been using a free account their for about 2 years, and so far no problems [Though the in-web FTP account logged me out every 5 minutes when using FF, but it seems to be gone now]

freewha[dot]com/removeads.html [can't link yet]

It's basicly their subdomain plan, but with no ads, and a domain name setup. There's no email addresses though, which sucks, but I can always use another service, like inbox.com. [My gmail account isn't really that proffessionally named]

Their web support is pretty fast though. I sent them an email inquiring about their plan, to see if there were email setups available, and they got back to me in less than half an hour, which I find pretty good.

If you're wondering, it's a personal site [not a blog though. I hate blogs.] for myself. I might one day consider starting up a number of projects to boost my revenue, though for now I don't know what I'll put for it, though it's good to have a list of places to check out when the time comes.

If anyone has one that includes an email address or two, that would be reat. I don't need much space, 200MB is plenty [though if that space is shared with an email address, I'd feel safer with 2GB-5GB] as there won't be that much content, and so low bandwidth [At a resonable point] isn't a problem either.

Cheers,
    Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorophose
    I don't think it's that big/mentioned of a host, but I've been using a free account their for about 2 years, and so far no problems [Though the in-web FTP account logged me out every 5 minutes when using FF, but it seems to be gone now]

freewha[dot]com/removeads.html [can't link yet]

It's basicly their subdomain plan, but with no ads, and a domain name setup. There's no email addresses though, which sucks, but I can always use another service, like inbox.com. [My gmail account isn't really that proffessionally named]

Their web support is pretty fast though. I sent them an email inquiring about their plan, to see if there were email setups available, and they got back to me in less than half an hour, which I find pretty good.

If you're wondering, it's a personal site [not a blog though. I hate blogs.] for myself. I might one day consider starting up a number of projects to boost my revenue, though for now I don't know what I'll put for it, though it's good to have a list of places to check out when the time comes.

If anyone has one that includes an email address or two, that would be reat. I don't need much space, 200MB is plenty [though if that space is shared with an email address, I'd feel safer with 2GB-5GB] as there won't be that much content, and so low bandwidth [At a resonable point] isn't a problem either.

Cheers,
    Joe.
    POP3 is your friend, as soon as email is received by your computer, the email is deleted off the server, so your email wouldn't stack up, so you could still be safe with 200MB.
    Unless you use webmail, and your email contains attachments, or many many pictures, and you don't delete old emails.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Ahh, I forgot to mention that they unfortunately don't have email accounts available... back to the search I go then!

Thanks for the down-low on POP3!

Cheers,
    Joe.