Thread: Help Me Pls !!!

Help Me Pls !!!

I need someone help me forwarding my IP
    Last edited by Khadir; 10-29-2006 at 11:27 AM.

Could you perhaps be more descriptive in regards to what you're attempting to do?

- Rory

A more detailed explaination might get you more replies/help

I want to forward my Dedicated Server's IP to a German host. Latency will be as in Turkey as I have been told in your forums...

It would help if you were actually specific about what it is you are trying to achieve. Otherwise people need to play twenty questions with you just to get to the bottom of what your real need is.

"Forward an IP"?

What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish. Forget trying to phrase it in technical terms. Describe what you want to happen.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

If you want to do some sort of network address translation, do a search on NAT, gateway, router and have at it. You might also want to read up on Proxy.

Chances are you don't just want to forward low-level IP traffic but have some bigger goal in mind, but we are not mind-readers. It would be best for you to describe your larger goals, removing the technical side.

i.e. I have a web site which XYZ domain points to a machine in Turkey and instead of on a machine in Turkey I want to host it in Germany.

or

I'm trying to hide my IP identity and make it look like I am in Germany when in fact I am in Turkey somewhere.

or

I've no idea why I want to do this IP forwarding thing, it just seemed cool and I figured it would be drop dead easy and that if I asked Help often enough in a short period of time, that everyone would immediately read my mind and tell me exactly what I need to do.

Does it effect pings ? Use Germany as a mirror from Turkey.If you want to add my msn we can talk details at deathkinque@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Khadir
    Does it effect pings ?
    Distance affects latency. Unless you can physically move Turkey closer to Germany, you're not going to see lower "ping times".
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

gbjaanb : ''no. ping will always go to the destination ip and report the time it took.

So, when they ping the IP address, ping will report the time it takes to get to the German server with that IP - not to the Turkish server.''

another comment ?

gbjaanb's statement is true, but if you are doing "IP forwarding" (NAT, for example) then the German server is a relay and not the destination. The response time would be from the source, through the server in Germany, to the server in Turkey.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Quote Originally Posted by spaethco
    gbjaanb's statement is true, but if you are doing "IP forwarding" (NAT, for example) then the German server is a relay and not the destination. The response time would be from the source, through the server in Germany, to the server in Turkey.
    And hence increasing ping times , but like said before try to bring germany closer to turkey if you want ping improvements.
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Quote Originally Posted by spaethco
    Unless you can physically move Turkey closer to Germany, you're not going to see lower "ping times".
    Careful there or the original poster will ask "how do you do that?"

Quote Originally Posted by mwatkins
    Careful there or the original poster will ask "how do you do that?"
    That made my day
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !