NameCheap STILL sucks.

I don't understand why people STILL love NameCheap.

Some people can still search for your info even on whoisguard.

Some already did on my sites. Beauty.

Nope, the situation didn't get resolved, instead, I let it expire, the bank wasn't useful (they said I DID pay for it, I showed them the reciepts), Namecheap wasn't cooperating with me (I even showed them bank reciepts, and they were STILL sketchy, they love to screw you, even if the evidence is right in front of them), and therefore, I'm stuck with exploitable privacy.

Now, I lost 24 dollars out of the whole ordeal. If they go any further, the price will be doubled. I'm waiting Namecheap. Just wait. You wait. You don't do this to your own customer. I can't wait to see how far this goes, because I'm waiting for a good, VERY reasonable case for a lawsuit. Just give me a good reason. I was trying, namecheap to work with you, instead, you hid under bushes.

Bad business, brainwashed people AND customers, strong reputation. How to break the cycle. Hm.
    Last edited by Fiesty; 10-29-2006 at 06:25 AM.
    Returns after a long haitus.

For the sake of saving some time and not re-hashing the same old information you can read up on this individual here and his complaint here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=518804

He used to go by the name of NCshady and obviously changed his name to look like a new person with a new complaint.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

It looks like some (shady) people can't have enough...

Fiesty aka NCshady, you've done a chargeback, what are you expecting from the registrar?
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty

Nope, the situation didn't get resolved, instead, I let it expire, the bank wasn't useful (they said I DID pay for it, I showed them the reciepts), Namecheap wasn't cooperating with me (I even showed them bank reciepts, and they were STILL sketchy, they love to screw you, even if the evidence is right in front of them), and therefore, I'm stuck with exploitable privacy.

Now, I lost 24 dollars out of the whole ordeal. If they go any further, the price will be doubled. I'm waiting Namecheap. Just wait. You wait. You don't do this to your own customer. I can't wait to see how far this goes, because I'm waiting for a good, VERY reasonable case for a lawsuit. Just give me a good reason. I was trying, namecheap to work with you, instead, you hid under bushes.

Bad business, brainwashed people AND customers, strong reputation. How to break the cycle. Hm.
    You can probably start by specifying exactly what happened other than what NC's
    CEO has posted subsequently. Or is it indeed that exact issue that's at beef here?

People generally like namecheap especially here where Richard actively helps people out with genuine issues. I don't have much sympathy here if the threads I read contain all the information. I am sure richard gets a lot of personal satisfaction ruining customers because that's how you build a strong business [/sarcasm].
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    you've done a chargeback, what are you expecting from the registrar?
    << Removed. >> I DIDN'T do it.

<< Removed. >>
    Last edited by Tyler; 10-29-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Most people that use namecheap (myself included) find it a reasonably priced registrar with an easy to use cpanel.

You do realize that if your domain ever existed without whoisguard people can go look at historical records and see the information from before whoisguard was activated.

I guess since I didn't do any chargebacks after buying domains through namecheap I haven't had all the problems you have had. When you actually pay them for their services they seem to work quite well.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Why did Fiesty never come back with a conclusion in that old thread? He/she just disappeared into thin air.
    Signature Under Construction.

If you ask me id say this looks like a smear campaign!
    nothing more
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan541
    If you ask me id say this looks like a smear campaign!
    nothing more
    I'd say it's more of someone's way of personally "relieving" him/herself. It's a shame,
    especially when s/he stated "brainwashed" customers without knowing some of us.

chargebacks is a sure way to annoy any company

If there is indeed a problem which some here on WHT seem to question, I guess it's more like a miscommunication issue
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot
    chargebacks is a sure way to annoy any company
    Being ACCUSED of a chargeback is the same way.

Especially for a newbie like me.

I mean, what reason could I possibly have for charging back? So that I could get more money? I don't see how I can do that.

I PLANNED to stay with NameCheap for years to come, but for them to turn around and pull the trigger on my face?
    Last edited by Fiesty; 10-31-2006 at 12:59 AM.

why did you never bring the other thread to a conclusion?
    Signature Under Construction.

Being ACCUSED of a chargeback is the same way.

Especially for a newbie like me.

I mean, what reason could I possibly have for charging back? So that I could get more money? I don't see how I can do that.

I PLANNED to stay with NameCheap for years to come, but for them to turn around and pull the trigger on my face?
    did namecheap get their money from you and not give names?

I have nothing to gain by saying this but my experience with Namecheap has been faultless.
    Unlike my hosting experiences but thats another story.....

@stu2 Your sig is exactly what I advised here 18 months ago, and still people trust to this stranglehold web hosts have over them..... oh well they obviously want to learn the hard way.
    Looking for a host who is unreliable, avoids answering support tickets and has fantastic downtime? can I highly recommend you try Vizaweb Hosting