how do you bacup your clients

Having a whm-cpanel setup, how as a reseller do you backup all your clients account ?

We're not 'resellers' but here's how our customers do it. Each individual cPanel account has a fullbackup option, using your 'reseller root' you can take a fullbackup of each customer's domain (by logging into the individual cPanel for each customer). However some hosts disable this backup option.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

You can create a cron job to perform the backup automatically.

don't forget to backup your databases if you have any

cpanel has been known to corrupt db files. Just a word of causion

Backup server connects to hosting server using key-based ssh every 8 or 12 hours - runs mysqldump to backup any databases then rsync to grab the dump files and any web filesystem changes. Saves multiple hourly / daily / weekly / monthly snapshots allowing the entire account to be restored from a particular date or a single modified file to be retrieved.

Optionally after each backup the process can be run in reverse to maintain a mirror site on another server.

Backup jobs are done for each account individually spread through the day to minimise load spikes, although rsync is in any case far more efficient than CPanel backups - the main issue would be dumping and particularly restoring large databases.

Monthly (or thereabouts) full CPanel backups just to be on the safe side
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

camay123, the way of full bucking up depends on the hosting the reseller sells. To know it one must apply to the support and find it out directly from them.

Quote Originally Posted by camay123
    Having a whm-cpanel setup, how as a reseller do you backup all your clients account ?
    Not many resellers backup their clients' websites. That's a very noble deed.

But if you really want to, I think you can also go 2 ways.

(1) Pay for a remote backup provider to do the backup for you or (2) you can do this manually on each of your account via WHM logging as reseller on your client's accounts and downloading the backup files on the Backup section.

The first one costs you money monthly (like bqbackup.com). The second is free but is very tedious if you have many clients.

Hope this helps.
    Don't Lose Your Website Ever Again!
    Backup All Your Domains and MySQL Databases Automatically
    Grab this Website Backup Software today.

I use the backup option within WHM, set to run daily, weekly, and monthly and it goes via FTP to an old dedicated FreeBSD server I have with lot's o' drive space. I don't actually tell or advertise to my customers I do backups, but they love me when I help save them. Under promise, over deliver...

what would you put into cronjob to make the account backup on a regular basis, idealy via scp but ftp would do?

my backups are made the hard way, cPanel backups. my client base is small so its not too much of a hassle, but a previous poster mentioned having backups sent to a free space, might be worth looking into?

Just a side-note.

Might be worth nothing, but if you intend to use an external source where to "park" your backups then you might want to encrypt and password protect them ;-)
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cpsitesaver.com
    Not many resellers backup their clients' websites. That's a very noble deed.

But if you really want to, I think you can also go 2 ways.

(1) Pay for a remote backup provider to do the backup for you or (2) you can do this manually on each of your account via WHM logging as reseller on your client's accounts and downloading the backup files on the Backup section.

The first one costs you money monthly (like bqbackup.com). The second is free but is very tedious if you have many clients.

Hope this helps.

Hi cpsitesaver.com i check your site very interest i have some questions:

i have only reseller account (whm / cpanel ) this app works for me?

this app backup ALL ? ( home site, email, mysql, stats, etc etc )

how do i do to obtain DEMO version?

Thanks
    Foxmen

Hello,

For taking the backup of all your clients you will have to login to the control panel of your domain through which you will have access to the control panel of your clients domain also and through there you can take the backup of all the clients by getting into the control panel of your clients domain.

Thank you.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by foxmen
    Hi cpsitesaver.com i check your site very interest i have some questions:

i have only reseller account (whm / cpanel ) this app works for me?

this app backup ALL ? ( home site, email, mysql, stats, etc etc )

how do i do to obtain DEMO version?

Thanks
    Foxmen
    Foxmen, I sent you a PM regarding this. I dont think its appropriate to answer your concerns here.

Please PM if me if you have questions.

Thanks.
    Don't Lose Your Website Ever Again!
    Backup All Your Domains and MySQL Databases Automatically
    Grab this Website Backup Software today.