Ahhhh how do I do this??

Ok, so this may be confusing:

I have my primary host, this is an example:

primaryhost

My other host is:

otherhostwebsite

Now, I want to create a subdomain on my primary host to go to otherhost.
    Like sub.primaryhost.com goes to www.otherhostwebsite.com

I want in the address bar, the link to say sub.primaryhost.com, I don't want it to change, but I want files and such to also show up after the domain, not just mask it.

Also, I heard you could edit the DNS zones through WHM. How do I do this?
    I know I need the otherhost's IP, but wouldnt that just redirect you to the "Congratulations! Apache is working on your cPanel and WHM Server!"?

It sounds like you mean 2 accounts on 2 different servers, in which case I don't think it's possible to do what you want, but if they are on the same server, you can just park one on the other from in cPanel and it does exactly that.
    Mike
    cPanel/WHM scripts at Premier Website Solutions (all your website needs)
    Support young figure skaters in training. juniorskaters.com

Would a redirect do what he is looking for possibly?
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

A redirect can be done between servers, but it would change the URL and he wants it to stay.
    Mike
    cPanel/WHM scripts at Premier Website Solutions (all your website needs)
    Support young figure skaters in training. juniorskaters.com

You can have a subdomain.primaryhost.com on a different server. Just point a "A Record" to the secondary server using a service like dnsmadeeasy.com
    LicensePal.com

No this is not possible the way you want it. However there are two 'dirty' ways in which you can do this:

- Use frames
    - Make a php script which basically 'fstreams' off your other account on the other hosting company. Would take a bit of tweaking to get it working but it is possible.

Aside from that I cannot think of any other way.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Perfectly possible using the method Cifra-Patrick mentioned.
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting

Yep, what Cifra-Patrick said, but you don't have to use an external dns service.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflcopterrr
    Also, I heard you could edit the DNS zones through WHM. How do I do this?
    DNS Functions -> Edit DNS Zone, select the domain you want to edit (primaryhost), add an A record for sub.primaryhost.com, eg.

sub.primaryhost.com. 3600 IN A 1.2.3.4

I know I need the otherhost's IP, but wouldnt that just redirect you to the "Congratulations! Apache is working on your cPanel and WHM Server!"?
    It will, so then you need to add an account on otherhost for domain sub.primaryhost.com (you will probably need the A record set up first, as above).

HTH
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Would anyone be willing to make a complete tutorial for me?

I get confused by the:

It will, so then you need to add an account on otherhost for domain sub.primaryhost.com (you will probably need the A record set up first, as above).
    How do I do that?

In the hosting account where the main domain is hosted xyz.com
    1)Go into whm and then click "edit dns zone"
    2) select xyz.com from the list of domains that are now displayed and then click edit
    3) Scroll down to where it says "Add New Entries Below this Line"
    4) Type in xxx.xyz.com to the left hand side of where it says "14400 IN A"(replace xxx with the subdomain name)
    Type the IP of the other server hosting the subdomain to the right hand side of where it says "14400 IN A"
    5) Click "save"
    6) Go to the WHM account on the server that will be hosting the subdomain and create an account just as you normally would for xxx.xyz.com (replace xxx with the subdomain name)

Thats as best as I can describe it
    Last edited by SSHocker; 10-29-2006 at 09:44 AM.
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by SSHocker
    2) select xyz.com from the list of domains that are now displayed and then click edit
    4) Type in xxx.xyz.com to the left hand side of where it says "14400 IN A"(replace xxx with the subdomain name) - Type the IP of the other server that will be hosting the subdomain to the right hand side of where it says "14400 IN A"
    5) Click "save"
    6) Go to the WHM account on the server that will be hosting the subdomain and create an account just as you normally would for xxx.xyz.com (replace xxx with the subdomain name)

If you have any trust issues with that host tho - at all * I would suggest changing that 14400 to 1800 instead ~ that way if that host craps out on you - you can effect a dns change quicker than a day !!

Quote Originally Posted by SSHocker
    4) Type in xxx.xyz.com to the left hand side of where it says "14400 IN A"(replace xxx with the subdomain name)
    Type the IP of the other server hosting the subdomain to the right hand side of where it says "14400 IN A"
    5) Click "save"

Pretty good explanation, someone should post a topic regarding this in the web hosting tutorials section.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Global2
    If you have any trust issues with that host tho - at all * I would suggest changing that 14400 to 1800 instead ~ that way if that host craps out on you - you can effect a dns change quicker than a day !!
    I agree with that statement, heck even if you don't have trust issues depending on what kind of backup service you have setup. You could be up and running on your backup server in a few hours.