hosted by liquidweb


Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : How to create and manage Child Domains on eNom
Reply

Forum Jump

How to create and manage Child Domains on eNom

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription
 
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-28-2006, 06:37 AM
beregu beregu is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 24
Question

How to create and manage Child Domains on eNom


Hello,
I have a eNom reseller account. Several days ago, I transfered some of my domains to my eNom reseller account. Yesterday, I wanted to manage my child names through eNom reseller control panel, but I couldn't find anything except managing Host Records. I think I can do all functions of eNom Host Records through my cPanel account.
Does anyone know how to manage child domain names on eNom? Please help me Brothers



Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-28-2006, 12:08 PM
gerolsteiner gerolsteiner is offline
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 243
Do you mean 'How to register a Nameserver?' If so, [Menu] Domains > Advanced Tools > Register a Nameserver

  #3  
Old 10-28-2006, 12:37 PM
beregu beregu is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 24
No. I meant to say Child Domain Name. It's like sub domain. If you have any domain that was registered through Godaddy, go [Select domain] -> Domain Host Summary -> {Click here to see details or to modify}.
There you will able to create new third level domain for your selected domain name, and you can point and host it to different server by assigning a nIP address. To create such third level domain, you will not be required to change your nameservers to Godaddy.

About [Menu] Domains > Advanced Tools > Register a Nameserver, I tried it to update my personalized nameservers' IPs yesterday, but I'm still waiting to see the changes appear in the public.

Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 10-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Stan Marsh Stan Marsh is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Park, Colorado
Posts: 3,495
Which ones are you using:

- eNom DNS
- your hosting company's DNS
- third party DNS

???

You must create/edit/delete any A records at your nameservers. If you aren't using ENom's nameservers for this particular domain (and I suspect this is the case - sorry if I am wrong here), you can't expect them to handle the function you are requesting...

__________________
Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

  #5  
Old 10-28-2006, 01:13 PM
beregu beregu is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 24
Thanks Stan Marsh. I'm using my own hosting DNS.

Let's imagine that I use your own hosting DNS instead of eNom DNS. You will be able to create/edit/delete any A, CNAME records through your web server.
So, now you use some other web hosting company DNS instead of eNom DNS and your own DNS. And the company didn't configure any website for my domain. So, you cannot visit your domain because there is no such website configured at the hosting company server. Even you can't get its IP address. At the time, you need to create forums.domain.net that is pointed to your own web server. How can you create forums.domain.net and point it to your server IP 1.1.1.1 without changing your nameservers to both eNOM and your own?
In this case, I think there is only a way to create a new third level domain from your eNom domain control panel. If you use Godaddy (Wild West Domains) control panel, there is such function named Domain Host Summary.

  #6  
Old 10-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Stan Marsh Stan Marsh is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Park, Colorado
Posts: 3,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by beregu
How can you create forums.domain.net and point it to your server IP 1.1.1.1 without changing your nameservers to both eNOM and your own?
You add an A record at your zone file. AND configure Apache at the forums... site to receive traffic for this subdomain. Easy? Its is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beregu
In this case, I think there is only a way to create a new third level domain from your eNom domain control panel.
Wrong. ENom has *ABSOLUTELY NOTHING* to do with any A/CNAME/MX records if you aren't using their DNS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beregu
If you use Godaddy (Wild West Domains) control panel, there is such function named Domain Host Summary.
For domains which are using their DNS only, I suspect???

__________________
Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

  #7  
Old 10-28-2006, 02:05 PM
gerolsteiner gerolsteiner is offline
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by beregu
No. I meant to say Child Domain Name. It's like sub domain. If you have any domain that was registered through Godaddy, go [Select domain] -> Domain Host Summary -> {Click here to see details or to modify}.
There you will able to create new third level domain for your selected domain name, and you can point and host it to different server by assigning a nIP address. To create such third level domain, you will not be required to change your nameservers to Godaddy.

About [Menu] Domains > Advanced Tools > Register a Nameserver, I tried it to update my personalized nameservers' IPs yesterday, but I'm still waiting to see the changes appear in the public.

Most people use the term 'sub-domain' . Since you use your own DNS (not eNom's) you can manage your host records at eNom. After all, how can they have access to make a change in a nameserver that they do not manage/own?

The process of registering nameservers takes about 5 minutes and will be live in Verisign's root servers after that time. No need to wait

<edit> Stan, you beat me to it! </edit>

Reply

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Google, Microsoft Create Algorithm to Block Child Abuse Search Terms Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 14:59:58
DreamHost to Use eNom Reseller Platform to Manage Domain Business Web Hosting News 2013-07-31 15:08:12
eNom Readies One and Two-Character .ORG Domain Auction Web Hosting News 2013-04-01 13:31:57
eNom VP Chris Sheridan on New TLDs and the Hosting Business Whir Tv 2014-05-02 14:31:40
PIR Auctions Short .ORG Domain Names via Go Daddy and eNom Web Hosting News 2012-10-10 14:05:48


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Login:
Log in with your username and password
Username:
Password:



Forgot Password?
Advertisement:
Web Hosting News:
WHT Membership
WHT Membership



 

X

Welcome to WebHostingTalk.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

WebHostingTalk.com is the largest, most influentual web hosting community on the Internet. Join us by filling in the form below.


(4 digit year)

Already a member?