Question domain problem pls help!!!

hi, my domain host is leaseweb and i jus signed up with them but i cant seem to set the nameservers and having problem. Please some1 who can kindly help this is what i see when i logon to make changes.

Please refer to the sshot link below of what i see when i edit domain settings.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8...bshizzypi1.jpg

What *exactly* you want to do? It looks pretty normal to me, except missing NS records (but it looks like Leaseweb doesn't even let you chose to have these).

If you post your domain here (or PM it to me) I'll let you know what exact problems your DNS have.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

here is another sshot when i click on secondary name servers

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9...bshizz2xu3.jpg

i transfered my domain from godaddy to leasweb. Now i want to set the ip to that transfered domain which is with leaseweb now.

And i want to add nameservers that point to that new ip. for instance
    i want to set hello123.net to the new server (server from another company) ip 1.2.3.4.5

Quote Originally Posted by munna
    i transfered my domain from godaddy to leasweb.
    You have to change DNS for your domain at Leaseweb's registrar panel. You are using GoDaddy's (secureserver.net) at the moment.

the domain transfered process finished today, in godaddy.com when i login using my account i dont see any domains now. but i see domain in leaseweb. So that would mean the transfer has happend? There is only one login on the leasweb site and when i logon i only see those options in the sshot nothing more. Or maybe i guess since the change hapend in the even friday -5 gmt timezone ( aka New york time). Maybe the whois record will take time for change to show?

What Leaseweb support is telling you?

I was not using them, but I am absolutely sure there MUST be a way to change nameservers at ANY registrar.

there hastn been a reply yet, if u look at this sshot
    http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9...bshizz2xu3.jpg

there is already nameserver mentioned by them i could use that one? and if u look in the middle what do i put for domain name and the ip.?

The domain name would be the nameserver right? and the ip to that domain server beside it?

Usually, your hosting company should tell you what nameservers you must use. Sorry, it looks like I can't help you any further...

It was a mistake to transfer the domain name to the hosts Munna. Always keep hosting and registration separate. Dont mix it up. GoDaddy has a much better interface then your hosts for sure.

If you are hosted with Leaseweb then they should give you the DNS ( ns.hostname.ext / ns2.hostname.ext ) so you can simply update the DNS from the DOMAIN REGISTRATION panel.

If its not allowed then you can use Leaseweb's DEFAULT DNS and then set the Zone files.

Best bet is to contact support and have them help. If they cant help then I doubt its a good move.

Good luck Munna!
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

guys can u pls look at the first sshot and pls tell me how do i set the ip for my domain abcd.net and ip = 208.8.9.2 . by lookin at this sshot . i have already set the nameservers.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8...bshizzypi1.jpg

and this is what i received from leaseweb support:

you only registered the domain and are not useing our DNS which means you have your own or are using it from another provider. To change a records you will have to change it at your own DNS server or contact the provider. Everything on our side is OK.

Kind regards,
    Ashvin Hanoeman
    LeaseWeb - Support

Its been 4-5 days and my domain is losing traffic everyday some1 plese help a poor guy out.

you only registered the domain and are not useing our DNS which means you have your own or are using it from another provider. To change a records you will have to change it at your own DNS server or contact the provider. Everything on our side is OK.
    They are correct. As I have pointed out several posts above, you are using GoDaddy's nameservers at the moment. You must change them to the ones provided by Leaseweb *AT YOUR REGISTRAR*.

p.s. Screenshots you're posting have little in common with DNS change. They are for editing existing zonefiles.

Munna you are sending the screen shots of your Zone files. If you sent the domain name to Stan and if he says you are STILL using GD's DNS then its wrong at your end cause you must use the DNS settings provided by the current hosts and NOT the old registrars.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

ok , guys i think its working fine now , thnx for the help and suggestions, greatly appreciated , stan in particular .

ok , guys i think its working fine now ,
    Wow, good to hear!

thnx for the help and suggestions, greatly appreciated , stan in particular .
    The pleasure was all mine...