Looking for hosting for my Vbulletin forum

At this point my forum database is 300Mb. I have 4500 registred users, about 500 active users. What I'm looking for is a reliable hosting, 5G space and 50G bandwidth, 3 domains pointed to the main one and of course a good uptime....

I'm open to suggestions,
    Thanks

Hi tomarius,

Look like you run quite a big, active forum. I don't think webhost will let you run a big forum with so many concurrent active members on a shared hosting acct. I would recommend get a dedicated server for your forum. At least a dual CPU, 2GB RAM and good apache/mysql tweak. These should get your forum running smoothly.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

How many users at the same time does the forum have as average and max?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I looked on liquidweb and hosting zoom offers (around 20$)! any suggestions?
    The thing is, this forum that I'm trying to host, doesn't make any money and all I'm doing is charity work, so I'm trying to spent as as less as posssible!

The chepest dedicated is around 69$ ......

Marius

tomarius, I think you want to have not only cheap but reliable with good support hosting as well. But your budget is very low to find a good one and it'll cause a lot of issues in the future. Are you enough experienced person for running a dedicated server yourself?

this is the link to it: paginaloteristilorDOTro/forum/
    I can't post a link yet

I know how to set up an apache, php, mysql...
    Configure BIND DNS...

I can run the services but NOT so much about security, firewalls and stuff like that!

Marius

For your firewall / security concerns I recommend that you contact any of the companies that specialize in server hardening.
    Do a search here and you will find a bunch of them. Be sure to read any review also before signing up.

-
    I forgot; Hi tomarius and welcome to the world of WHT
    -Mr Bister

But still I don't think you can find any dedicated in my budget.
    So I found these:
    liquidweb . com shared plan2.htm -with whom I had a website 4 years ago... and their service then was very good
    and
    www hostingzoom com web-hosting - I saw the banner on this forum

Suggestions?
    Marius

As mentioned earlier in thread if you can provide us with max active users online at one time on a regular day it would help people here recommend a server for you.

Also does your forum have a lot of images, banner ads, etc.....
    This would also help.
    http://www.realwebhost.net
    http://www.realwebhost.net/vps.php
    ICQ 120397604 |MSN : hotmail.com | AIM : rwhsupport | Yahoo: rwhmax

I suggest you to use the search button on this forum, you'll get mostly reviews about dedicated and VPS of liquidweb though
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

http://www.paginaloteristilor.ro/forum/
    Last 7 days:
    2.661 unique visitors
    57.089 paged view

Currently Active Users: 17 (12 members and 5 guests)

If that is the norm, there is no reason why you can not do this on a shared server.
    http://www.realwebhost.net
    http://www.realwebhost.net/vps.php
    ICQ 120397604 |MSN : hotmail.com | AIM : rwhsupport | Yahoo: rwhmax

that is about right.
    Most users ever online was 55

I bought the liquidweb.com one. I hope I did the right choice.
    Thank you everybody,
    Marius

tomarius, tell us how it went when you've been a customer there for a while.
    Good luck with your forum.
    -Mr Bister

good choice, the resellerzoom option has serious resource usage limitations when it comes to bulletin boards.