hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : Having a Big weird Problem with IPB and PHP 4.4.5-dev

Forum Jump

Having a Big weird Problem with IPB and PHP 4.4.5-dev

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2006, 09:49 PM

Question

Having a Big weird Problem with IPB and PHP 4.4.5-dev

hi there
i upgraded my php version to the latest version 4.4.5-dev and i'm facing a strange problem with IPB
check this error please
Code:
IPB WARNING [2] preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 29167 (Line: 184 of /sources/classes/class_session.php)
i searched google for such a thing and i found nothin , the board was good and working under the php version 4.4.3 and when i upgraded this error happened
so any explaination or solution here ?!
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Web Hosting Master

Try use php 4.4.4 . Don't use php module that is still under development. It is not consider stable yet.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:29 PM

the problem is the php 4.4.4 version is vuln. specially this serious vuln. of symlink() function to bypass openbase dir and read files and the only update is by upgrading the php version
"
A vulnerability has been identified in PHP, which could be exploited by local attackers to bypass security restrictions. This flaw is due to a race condition between the time that "open_basedir" access controls for a symbolic link are verified and the time the requested file is accessed by certain functions, which could be exploited by malicious users to gain unauthorized access to restricted files via a PHP script containing "symlink()", "mkdir()", "unlink()", and "fopen()" calls.
"

so any other suggestions ?

Last edited by new_one; 10-27-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2006, 12:29 AM

you can put vuln functions in disable_functions right now and work with 4.4.4 , If you don't wanna that, show me the error_log in your apache for this problem .

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Name Collisions Could Pose Potential Problem for Web Hosts Web Hosting News 2014-01-13 14:33:48
Microsoft Azure Swap Deployment Feature Restored After Global Outage Web Hosting News 2013-10-31 11:16:53
Outbound Spam Causing Sleepless Nights? Blog 2013-05-13 09:52:21
How To Deliver Products Customers Will Pay For with David Koston - HostingCon 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-18 10:46:16
HostingCon Preview: Q&A with David Koston of Fortuity LLC Web Hosting News 2012-07-10 12:54:20