Domain Regn. and Xfer

A few answers I could not find after going thru many threads.
    (may be I missed some)

1. What is the best time period to register a domain? Like 2 yrs...3 yrs..10 yrs.
    2. Who is the best registrar? (I know this is difficult). I saw a poll between GoDaddy and NameCheap somewhere on this forum. Are these the leading registrars?
    3. What should I look in a registrar, If reselling is one of my activities? Any recomendations?

Thanks much.

Stargate offer the cheapest free reseller program. eNom have the biggest reseller program with good API and control panel.
    Signature Under Construction.

South Park, Colorado
    Stu, OP wasn't asking for the reseller programs...

To address OP's questions:

1. If you plan to have this domain for a LONG time, go for 10 years. Actually, it differs. Many factors should be considered. It rather depends on personal preferences.

2. Please state your requirements VERY precisely. Only then we would be of any help for you. As people say here: there's no best registrar, there's the best registrar for you...

3. Reselling of what? Cornflakes?
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

1) I have seen SEO speculation that longer terms give your site a better search engine ranking, but I think it is a minimal factor outweighed by others.

Is it possible that you could forget about the domains or their renewal if you do it for 5 or 10 years? Are you sure you will have the same contact email info 10 years from now?

1. I register domains that i plan on keeping for 5 years at a time usually but domains i plan on selling for only one.
    2. Moniker
    3. Reliability and customer service.

1) - I prefer to register my OWN domains for more than 2 years. My main domains are registered till 2011.

2) - GoDaddy / Namecheap / Registerfly / eNom / Resellerclub are some leading registrars.

3) - Reliability / features / easy domain manager / customer services
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals