Thumbs up Decent traffic, Poor sales conversion, What am I doing wrong? (webhost)

I'm in need of some help redesigning my hosting brand messahost.com

I'm actually getting a decent amount of traffic but the conversion rate is pretty low.
    Can anyone take some time to let me know what they think needs improvement most.

The hosting plan boxes are very generic template type boxes and I'd really like to find another style for these but I do like the colors and look of them.
    Information is pretty easy to find without looking too hard (I think) but could I improve this?

Fire away, I'm looking forward to any feedback.
    I don't want this to go to the offers section yet but I may be interested in hiring some help with a redesign.
    If you have some interesting ideas pm me.

Thanks!
    Sean

Where is your traffic coming from? What do you consider "decent" traffic? How far into your site do users go before bailing out?

Also, when I click "Order Now" on your website, Firefox warns me that your certificate expired on 8/31. That might not inspire confidence in some people...

On the "Select A Package Type" screen, I have no idea what the difference is between the 3 packages. Oh wait, now I see...it's the same packages on the front page. But wait, I thought I clicked on which one I wanted to order on the front page? Why do I have to choose again? Am I supposed to remember the name of what I wanted?

Also, the internals of the site don't look as polished as the front page. All your tables have default styles, and it looks pretty sparse. Perhaps you could borrow some of the graphics from your front page and use them to spice up the internal forms.

Just my thoughts

Very good feedback and just what I'm looking for.

The ssl is valid because you can browse by https so I'm looking into why it says expired now.

I'm also going to see if I can make some changes to the orderform.
    I used to have all the packages down a left column so you could recap what you were buying and what's available.

Thanks and keep em coming!!!

It's very boring. Looks like a turnkey host or something. Sorry, but it's the truth

No offense taken but how about some suggestions?
    I think of it as "clean" rather than flat out boring but we're all different.

The ssl problem is fixed and I put a right column with the hosting plans on the order form.

What's next?

to many plans... to confusing about which to pick...

Thanks, I agree.

I was considering only displaying the first plan of each for shared, multiple domain and reseller on the home page.
    There would be even less on the page though so I'll need to think of some relevent content to fill the space.

Site design is clean, yet looks a little like a template.

I like how you give the brief details of the plans that you offer and they're easy to read.

What makes your hosting different then everyone else out there? Hey, I just visited about 30 other hosts who promised me the moon and are willing to baby sit my kids for US$5 a month. Why should I pick you to host my photo gallery or my next big Web 2.0 app?

Other Services link
    http://www.messahost.com/templates/ = Blank
    http://www.messahost.com/online%20-store.htm = 404 Error
    Last edited by bewshy; 10-27-2006 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks for the comments,

Fixed the first one and temporarily #'d the second as it's still a work in progress.

Soon I will be concentrating much more on the local market and offering more one on one services.

I'm strugling to figure out how I could I keep the clean look while loosing the template look.

Immediately I observed that you don't really have any clear contact us or support info.? Yeah you have a support link but it's dull. You might benefit from from adding more prominent contact and support info.

It will make potential users feel more comfortable about going with you - and depending on how you put the info up, should help you get away from the template style.

Also, put up testimonials! I reckon they can really help.

Lastly, don't do any *major* changes to the design without knowing concretely what's wrong with it. It's easy to say "design looks boring" or "that image is ugly"...but in sales, common sense observations often sucks compared to observing what your ACTUAL visitors are thinking about you!

Good luck.