Thread: PHP mail

Exclamation PHP mail

Hi!
    Anybody have php mail code that we can use in an authentication required environment. Any help will be greatly appretiated.

That's a bit vague.. if you want to send mail with PHP it's pretty easy.

Check out the php mail() function.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Let's Encrypt Sponsor.

Be careful with the code. If it is coded unsecurely, it will be discovered and become a web mail relay. ISP's hate that

If you want to send mail, try http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/ It uses SMTP auth, and quite secure.

If you want PHP based mail client, try IMP http://www.horde.org/imp/. May not be the best, but used widely.

I dont want such a secure code. i'm working with webhosting company. I would like to test with authentication, and with out authentication php mails.

Quote Originally Posted by mohanmathew
    I dont want such a secure code. i'm working with webhosting company. I would like to test with authentication, and with out authentication php mails.
    If you are talking about SMTP authentication, PHPMailer is the way to go.

We use phpmailer and recommend it, too.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Thanks a lot!

This is terribly vague, but HORDE/IMP as mentioned is probably the number 1 solution.
    The other great possibility is SquirrelMail, which is lighter-weight and easier to set up, if you don't need something quite as full-blown. Has a somewhat better security track record too I think.