* Paypal NOt taking cdn debit card???

In the past I have created an account with pay pal, and got fed up with all the registration processes. Now, I have given up on pay pal, for like 4 months now, and want to get back at it.. is there a way i can delete my past account, and start all over again. Also, In I live in canada, and dont have a credit card, and I want to use my Debit Card, now i tried this before but it kept on asking me for my creditcard number, or it would give me a drop down menu of debit cards (all which were american brand..) so im stumped.. plz help.

You would be able to add it if it's a Visa or MasterCard debit card.
    Sell more worldwide! PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal now support 6 currencies and 174 countries

It accepts Australian bank debit cards, so not sure why it doesn't accept Canadian
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by substance
    In the past I have created an account with pay pal, and got fed up with all the registration processes. Now, I have given up on pay pal, for like 4 months now, and want to get back at it.. is there a way i can delete my past account, and start all over again. Also, In I live in canada, and dont have a credit card, and I want to use my Debit Card, now i tried this before but it kept on asking me for my creditcard number, or it would give me a drop down menu of debit cards (all which were american brand..) so im stumped.. plz help.
    Just delete you old account and recreate it again with the same email address. Then go to Money Mart and get one of their Master Cards for like $20. Then use that card to activate your account. I've done it and was able to do it 30 min after I got the card. You can then cancel your MM card with Money Mart. They got retarded fees for the card but it can be cencelled anytime.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

For some users Paypal creates a lot of fuss, mostly on the "International" side of things (some US bodies evenconsider Canada to be "international"). I've seen it happen to quite a few friends from my country who tried to use Paypal.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ThePailyGuy
    For some users Paypal creates a lot of fuss, mostly on the "International" side of things (some US bodies evenconsider Canada to be "international"). I've seen it happen to quite a few friends from my country who tried to use Paypal.
    You mean Canada is not "International"?

If you have a cc go ahead and use it. its only better for you if your using paypal at least you'll get some protection.

How were you able to create your account in the past without a cc?

You can create a Paypal account from Canada with a credit card but not a debit card. I am from Canada and I can assure you that Paypal will not accept our Debit cards (or Interac as we call them).

The suggestion that you go to MoneyMart and get a 20 dollar card to start the account is a good one and it will work.

Good luck.

workarounds

these solutions are only good for small scale operations. Once you want to go up in revenue they don't work well anymore..

I suggest calling up paypal and They should accept all Canadian Debit cards.