Looking for small reseller account

Hi

I'm looking for a small reseller account to host my sites - will not be "reselling" hosting, but need to have the ability to have each account hosted independently (different login / password). Shared hosting with addon domains doesn't work, pl. don't suggest this.

Requirements :

Type : WHM / CPanel / Fantastico, PHP/ MySQL on Linux.
    Space : 1 GB, with option to expand to 2 GB in about 6 months time.
    Transfer : At least 3 GB / month, option to expand or pay for use.
    mail accounts / MySQL etc : Minimum 20.

I'm ok with shared ip, using a common dns.

Please [post] your suggestions / clarifications / [recommendations]. Looking to finalise by the end of this month.
    Last edited by writespeak; 10-27-2006 at 11:24 AM.

I think You'll try VPS

There's nothing whatsoever in those requirements that needs a VPS.

newrhodes, if you're not reselling then a multi-domain account with WHM would suit you - a few hosts offer these at lower cost than true reseller accounts. Dotable is a good one.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by foobic
    There's nothing whatsoever in those requirements that needs a VPS.

newrhodes, if you're not reselling then a multi-domain account with WHM would suit you - a few hosts offer these at lower cost than true reseller accounts. Dotable is a good one.
    Thanks - that's a possibility I'll explore.

Dotable's price seems a little high though compared to Resellerzoom or other names that I've seen here - USD11+ (AUD14.95) per month for a 1GB / 10GB account?

Or is there something I'm missing here? (Highly likely )

You're not missing much. Different hosts charge different prices and offer different standards of quality, but the quality is not always in proportion to the price

RZ is an interesting example as they offer plans at different price points with the budget plans being for "low resource usage" sites. Are you planning to do much php / mysql?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Go out and spend about 30.00 per month and get something reliable you will be happy in the end that you did IMHO
    http://www.realwebhost.net
    http://www.realwebhost.net/vps.php
    ICQ 120397604 |MSN : hotmail.com | AIM : rwhsupport | Yahoo: rwhmax

You should be able to find a host under $30 per month (as long as you're not doing anything too intensive), as you only need a GB of space and a few GB of bandwidth.
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

We glad from Hostdime service. You may look at their Bronze plan.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Quote Originally Posted by foobic
    Are you planning to do much php / mysql?

Right now there are 5 sites - 2 run Wordpress, one PHP LD, one is a static HTML site and the last one is my test site - I'm experimenting with a variety of CMS, that's why the request for a larger number of MySQL databases. None of these are particularly intensive (between 20 and 150 unique visitors a day for these.

I will be adding a few more as I pick them up - buying sites on other forums when something interests me. Also, some of these I might sell off - so there's a constant need for someone else to access the individual sites to upload / configure / backup and remove as and when theres a change.

Hi newrhodes,

I would recommend that you do a search on www.hostsearch.com or www.findmyhosting.com

Make a list of 3-5 web hosts that meet your requirements, then do some research on them here on webhostingtalk for reviews. Contact them to test their support response timings, and make sure they offer a money back guarantee.

All these replies will be very similar.

The best thing to do is check out some hosts, but dont forget to check how long they've been around, test out their support response time, and ofcoarse "too good to be true" deals are oftain just that.

GL in the search
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Thanks, all for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    Hi newrhodes,

I would recommend that you do a search on www.hostsearch.com or www.findmyhosting.com

Make a list of 3-5 web hosts that meet your requirements, then do some research on them here on webhostingtalk for reviews. Contact them to test their support response timings, and make sure they offer a money back guarantee.
    Seems to be a time consuming project
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise