Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    tshost dedicated servers/network good?

    Please post your reviews. I already searched WHT and found none.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by nowanda
    Please post your reviews. I already searched WHT and found none.
    A search on "tulip systems" yielded several hits. Give that a try.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    9,675
    We had a pretty awful experience with them. Hardware failures with no replacement parts in stock and being unable to get ahold of anyone left us with approximately 12 hours outage one time and an 8 hour outage another. Several of our servers were inaccessible because one other customer's server was hogging all of the bandwidth for the entire network. They inadvertantly unplugged one of our servers and couldn't figure out the problem for quite awhile. The end result is that the owner of the company has repeatedly insulted customers who complain - he even posted here, once, that the reason we have so much trouble is because we're using cheap desktop servers. Hello? These are servers that YOU provided us with and that we were never told were "cheap desktops".

    He's even gone so far as to blame one particular staff member who is no longer there and is now running his own company. The staff member who left was actually the ONLY one who was ever of any help to us. We've been working with that former staff member (Ryan, at Wiresix.com) for quite awhile now and have dozens of servers with him and couldn't be happier.

    Bottom line, I get the feeling that ts-host / tulipsystems company and their network is sort of patched together and they are trying to appear as if they are a major player.

    --Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

  4. #4
    At First I wasn't going to respond, but I think I should......

    Tina, as I know it this issue happened over 2 yrs ago. So why get on here trying to put the company on blast? I would think you would be professional and woman enough to put all things aside. At first I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but now you are getting out of hand with your comments. Granted I do understand the issue at hand and I would have been mad too, but as a professional I would have just said that my experience wasn't that good so I decided to move to a company that best fits my needs.

    As for the server quality. I think we are one of the few companies that actually offer "servers" and not cheap desktop hardware. I have worked in a few Hosting Environments and even one of the biggest on this forum uses tower type servers and as u consider "DESKTOPS". Over 90% of the hosting companies on this forum do. SO are u saying because we use tower-type casing this is considered to be not good? It's what's on the inside that counts. Also, as for your comment about the owner getting on here saying what u claim he said...well I disagree there is not a dicussion on this forum that indicates that.

    Piece of advice to you, Grow up! You are with a descent company now so be content with that. What are U gaining for responding every time ts-host name comes up........NOTHING! For all the free Advertising you are giving Ryan I hope you are getting a cut. At least one person I know is happy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    9,675
    Quote Originally Posted by TulipSystems
    At First I wasn't going to respond, but I think I should......

    Tina, as I know it this issue happened over 2 yrs ago.
    No, it happened several months ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by TulipSystems

    As for the server quality. I think we are one of the few companies that actually offer "servers" and not cheap desktop hardware.
    YOU are the one that came here and posted that my troubles with you were because WE use cheap desktop servers. Apparently, you were trying to insult me and didn't stop to think that YOU were leasing ME the servers. Even today, you just don't get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by TulipSystems
    Piece of advice to you, Grow up! You are with a descent company now so be content with that. What are U gaining for responding every time ts-host name comes up........NOTHING! For all the free Advertising you are giving Ryan I hope you are getting a cut. At least one person I know is happy.
    The OP asked for reviews. That's what I gave. My hopes is that no one else goes through the grief we went through. Like the time no one at your company could get in to reboot a server for us, for hours, because no one could find the keys to the front door.

    I'm not getting a "cut" by saying how happy we are with wiresix.com and Ryan. I'm just getting amazingly good service and giving credit where credit is due.

    --Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

  6. #6
    Well you have a right to an opinion, but I think it is only right be professional about the whole ordeal. Weather it happened several months or several yrs there is still a certain way to handle things.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    9,675
    Quote Originally Posted by TulipSystems
    Well you have a right to an opinion, but I think it is only right be professional about the whole ordeal. Weather it happened several months or several yrs there is still a certain way to handle things.
    So, you're suggesting that only customers with good experiences with Tulip reply to the OPs request for reviews?

    --Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

  8. #8
    Thank you TINA for your comments......

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    10,574
    Quote Originally Posted by TulipSystems
    Well you have a right to an opinion, but I think it is only right be professional about the whole ordeal. Weather it happened several months or several yrs there is still a certain way to handle things.
    Just my opinion, but I think you're the one being unprofessional here.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

  10. #10
    Thank you layer0 for your comments.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •