FortressITX is a privately owned, multi-million dollar corporation located in Clifton, New Jersey that was established in 1997. Since then, the company has grown by leaps and bounds providing dedicated web hosting services to thousands of satisfied customers. FortressITX has been delivering cutting-edge hosting solutions to meet the requirements of small and medium sized businesses, large scale corporations and individuals. Customers rely on FortressITX to provide reliable, secure and value rich services such as dedicated, e-commerce, application, reseller and collocation hosting for their business.
We have 2 positions open for Junior and Senior Administrators. All jobs are onsite, NO H1B, Salaries are negotiable based on experience.
Jr. Systems Administrator
* 1st Level Technical Support (phone & tickets)
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- DNS & Reverse DNS
- Shared Hosting Environment
- cPanel issues
- OS reinstalls
- Hardware replacement (customer servers only)
- Escalation of appropriate issues
Senior System Administrator
- Resolving technical issues escalated by the NOC concerning FortressITX service in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes ensuring all work is carried out to agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Participating in the planning and deployment of new customer solutions.
- Responsible for all production Fortressitx servers (planned upgrades, planned maintenance)
- On-call for emergencies.
- New Projects to improve infrastructure.
- Linux kernel maintenance.
- Product evaluation & testing (hardware & software).
- Supervising, training, interviewing & scheduling for NOC staff
- Handling escalated tickets/phone calls from the NOC
- Maintain LDAP users
- Pro-actively investigating solutions which will maximize the performance of FortressITX infrastructure.
- Support Enterprise client managed hosting solutions (LVS, MySql Cluster, Ongoing optimization of applications Apache, PHP, Databases)
Experience running Linux.
Ability to be a team player with a positive attitude.
Operational knowledge of apache, qmail, bind, exim, proftpd, and mysql.
Must be self-motivated and able to work individually or collectively
Ability to lift 45 lbs.
Desire and ability to learn.
Flexible hours (shift work)
Interested in working with geeks in a fun, fast-paced, learning environment you've found your company, free extra large coffees included and BAWLS!!
Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision, 401K Plan, Vacation and Holidays
Location: Clifton, NJ