* Colo & Dedicated Providers in TORONTO area

Please name a few reliable/affordable colocation and dedicated server providers in the GTA. I already know about UPScaleHost, PriorityCOLO, ScratchTelecom.. are there others? Thx.

Mods, please delete this or the other post. I apologize for the duplicated posts.

If for colo,

Toronto Hydro Telecom out by the West Mall in Etobicoke
    MCI has a nice DC up by the DVP and Eglinton
    Telus DC by Laird Drive if I recall correctly
    Fusepoint out in Mississauga but they are more managed services.
    Tons of providers in 151 Front
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Thanks Keith, I'm actually leaning towards 151 Front St. in downtown Toronto or Teleglobe up in Scarborough. Some websites ads of these providers?

Quote Originally Posted by sTag-Dan
    Thanks Keith, I'm actually leaning towards 151 Front St. in downtown Toronto or Teleglobe up in Scarborough. Some websites ads of these providers?
    To get a suite directly: http://www.151frontstreet.com/
    Otherwise... I don't know. I know a company with a suite there, but they only do shared hosting.
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

Quote Originally Posted by sTag-Dan
    O sweet god I am not Keith. Thats the swine who screwed us lol.
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Well then Thanks Raul

Quote Originally Posted by ewhost
    To get a suite directly: http://www.151frontstreet.com/
    Otherwise... I don't know. I know a company with a suite there, but they only do shared hosting.
    Since 151 Front Street provides only unconditioned space, and in relatively large quantities (1000sqft+ suites, no network, no UPS, no HVAC, no fire suppression, no [suite level] security, etc.), I'd imagine that building out their own data center is not what the OP was most interested in.

To the OP, can you provide more details regarding your project (or more specifically, what you're looking for)? There are many hosts in 151 (from large direct building tenants, to tiny resellers with a sectional cabinet trying to grow), however this information isn't going to be of much help without context.

Thanks HB! Looking into them

Colo Providers

If you take a look at the 151 Front Street Website, at the bottom of the page are logos for most of the existing tenants. About 10% of them offer colocation, but it is a good starting point. The only tenants excluded from the list are the ones who do not offer colo.

Within

I find it funny and sad whenever I look at Toronto services.

I wouldn't mind finding a colo provider closer than Montreal but when I look at ping and traces from my location it just doesn't make sense.
    I get more hops to Toronto than to Montreal which is much more than twice the distance.
    Pings are also atleast 10ms faster to iweb in Montreal.
    I get the same results testing from places in the US.
    Most I've looked at seem pretty overpriced aswell.

I'm still struggling to figure out why anyone would have servers in Toronto unless they only do business in Toronto or if they're only looking for budget network providers.

I am from Toronto so having my servers in Toronto as well gives me peace of mind that I can access my servers right at the DC should a problem arise. And yes, I do plan on doing business mostly in Toronto. And it's not because of the 'budget' network providers we have here.

I suggest myvirtualhosting.com. Site says 0 servers available, but that's what it said when I got one. Contact David and see.
    Mike
    cPanel/WHM scripts at Premier Website Solutions (all your website needs)
    Support young figure skaters in training. juniorskaters.com

Mike, do they have a page where I can read more information about their network? Actually, they have no description of their network whatsoever.

He uses a section of the 151 Front Street datacenter.
    Mike
    cPanel/WHM scripts at Premier Website Solutions (all your website needs)
    Support young figure skaters in training. juniorskaters.com

151 Front is not a Datacentre

Quote Originally Posted by Premier
    He uses a section of the 151 Front Street datacenter.

There is no 151 Front Street Datacenter. The company who owns the building 151 Front Street (Northam Realty) does not build or operate datacenters. They are a commercial real estate company and that is it.

They lease space to tenants in the building who then are responsible for engineering, constructing, and operating datacenters within it.

The only thing the building does operate is the fiber meet-me-room.

As I hinted at before, if you look at the 151 front street website, you will see a list of the direct tenants of the building. These are the people who can deal with the landlord if there are any problems.

If the company you are going with is not listed there then they most likely rent a few racks or a cage from one of those companies on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by sameerNDCC
    There is no 151 Front Street Datacenter. The company who owns the building 151 Front Street (Northam Realty) does not build or operate datacenters. They are a commercial real estate company and that is it.

They lease space to tenants in the building who then are responsible for engineering, constructing, and operating datacenters within it.

The only thing the building does operate is the fiber meet-me-room.

As I hinted at before, if you look at the 151 front street website, you will see a list of the direct tenants of the building. These are the people who can deal with the landlord if there are any problems.

If the company you are going with is not listed there then they most likely rent a few racks or a cage from one of those companies on the list.
    Don't you think your splitting hairs a bit lol.

Call it what you will but 151 front is a dc and a nice one at that. If they do anything else there then cool but since its dc level security on entry I will call it a DC.
    Linovus Holdings Inc

Quote Originally Posted by CoolRaul
    Don't you think your splitting hairs a bit lol.

Call it what you will but 151 front is a dc and a nice one at that. If they do anything else there then cool but since its dc level security on entry I will call it a DC.
    Actually he has a point on this one Raul,

151 Front is not a DC per say, but a carrier hotel. Its full of Data Centers, but itself is not one (its simply a larger building housing them). This is important, because people mistakenly associate 151 as a single entity, be it for management, sales, conditioned space, or network, which is a huge mistake.

Because there are so many companies operating out of 151, all of which condition their own networks, space, etc. while one location may be stellar, you will find other locations in the building, that may closer resemble a basement DC. While they're all housed in the same building, no two facilities within it are the same, and quality (and many other deciding factors) may vary wildly between competing providers/data centers within the building.

Ah I get his point now. Sorry you are right.

I stand corrected.
    Linovus Holdings Inc