Need an optimal webhost for an Arcade website (mysql + PHP)

Well just like the title says, I want a reputable web host to have their mysql and php installations modified to perform best for an arcade website I'm going to launch. It doesn't have to be a dedicated server, although I assume it may because I don't know who offers such a package.

Can anyone point to a web host offering such a plan? Or am i'm just going to have to get my own box and optimize the settings myself?

Thanks,

Kyle

I doubt you find a host that is willing to change their config for your HP alone. If you have such special requirements then a VPS or a dedicated server might better suit you - at least you should give it a thought.

Just my 0.02$

Best regards
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by valentin_nils
    I doubt you find a host that is willing to change their config for your HP alone. If you have such special requirements then a VPS or a dedicated server might better suit you - at least you should give it a thought.

Just my 0.02$

Best regards
    Yea that's what I thought. I run a VPS right now, but I want this new site on a separate c-block IP. I was just wondering if there were anything cheaper solutions since I will only be running one website on it.

O.K I got now that you are a cost conscious person ;-).
    Thas fine, nothing wrong with that.

1) The way you could start this is to make a list of the software you are about to run and list up the required settings in the config files.

2) Watch on WHT for some recommendations of hosts, which is what yiu are doing with this thread ;-)

3) Inquiry those hosts with a pre-sales question and explain whats in your mind and ask if by any chance they have those settings on the host which they would put your site.

This way they see that you have special requirements and will put you straight into the right spot or deny.

Does this make sense ?

Just out of interest, what kind of traffic & amount are you expecting ?
    Last edited by valentin_nils; 10-27-2006 at 12:13 AM.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Some hosts (like EV1) offer servers dedicated to gaming. You may try one of those.