Game Servers FPS Way Too Low Need Help

Alright, I have been running game servers for about 8 months now, but I am having some issues with a new box I just ordered in Ny. I only have 1 server on it, which is a CS 1.6 server and it is getting HORRIBLE FPS. Now usually when I put a new server on a box it always gets constant fps, so if I set it to 500 it will pretty much stay at 500, this has been the case on 10+ boxes I have. This one is getting from about 100-300 with a few spikes to 500. Now as far as running the game server, I know what I am doing, however this must me an issue with the server.

It is a Dual Opteron 252 with 2gb's of ram.(Plenty to run a high fps server)

The only thing I can think of is maybe the timer set in the linux kernel is too low. If so how would I change this (Never done it before)

Anyone else have similar problems? Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks in advanced!

Regards, Brad

windows or linux?
    Remote Hands and Your Local Tech for the Los Angeles area.

(310) 573-8050 - LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by stealthservers

The only thing I can think of is maybe the timer set in the linux kernel is too low. If so how would I change this (Never done it before)

modify the config / param.h / etc and recompile
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Hey Steven, I am fairly new with Linux, and to be honest I am a bit unsure what you mean. If you could elaborate a bit I would appreciate it.

Thanks A Lot, Brad

Well if anyone can help me out with this I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advanced

Regards, brad

Sorry i read the thread quick, download the latest kernel and compile it up change the HZ value to 1000 should do the trick.

Look in the howto section on compiling the kernel if you don't know how.
    Remote Hands and Your Local Tech for the Los Angeles area.

(310) 573-8050 - LinkedIn