Why is it so hard to just get service? - Request Reseller Account 75 Domains+

Hello,

I have had enough of the crap i am getting from trying to get a reseller account setup. I have tried mcifo and the service took 12 hours to setup even though they advertise instant activation on there website!

To top it off once the server was setup all the features needed such as dns editing were not enabled and the server was so god damn slow. It was not internet slow it was processing slow as if it had been overloaded with accounts.

So i requested a refund and started looking elsewhere. I come accross westnic.net hosting. I thought great nice and fast website and nice to pickup the phone and call them to get setup. Once doing that which was very quick only 30 mins, i then started setting up the main domains for dns delegation. ( i am on a very tight timeframe here and need this running within 3 hours from now ) However i tried to setup the NS records on the cpanel server i tried to call support they would not help over the phone and told me to log a ticket via support desk. I have done that and its been 6 hours i have 3 hours left to be operational.

After doing that i have waited close to 7 hours for assistance and not one reply not one support person being able to help me so i tried to call again and they said it takes 72 hours for ip's to be enabled. After explaining my situation it was put to me as well we cant help you because it takes 72 hours no matter what.

So..................... My question is?

Can anyone help me find a reseller hosting package for 75 domains with all the bells and whistles of cpanel inc fantastico and more than 500g of data a month?

The current disk usage is 15 gig i need access to the following features and i need to know your support arrangements.

1. Access to Update and Manage DNS for my domains
    2. Access to SSH ( proof of identity can be supplied to confirm legit company )
    3. Dedicated IP Addresses - 6 or more please.

Please reply back here or msn me on kx@toxickrystal.com i have less than 3 hours to move 75 accounts to a descent host with a fast server.

I currently have the domains hosted on a cpanel server at zipservers.com which is the planet datacenter and is quite fast anyone have anything similar they want to share space on?

Thanks
    Shaun
    Last edited by MailShield; 10-26-2006 at 07:16 AM.

Have you considered Hostgator's resellers plans?

Hiya,

prices are $50 more expensive for less hdd space. I am going to consume 15 accounts a month for the next 12 months. and 20gig wont cut it .. i will need around 40gig+

Thanks
    Shaun

Never mind i think there getting it sorted now, although i didnt appreciate calling there emergency line to find out that there timeframe on answering support tickets is 12 hours. that just seems really really to long.

Thanks for your help people
    Shaun

Whats the noise ?

Hi Shaun,

Whats the noise ? As one of your first posts it certainly is an interesting one to kick it off. How about going dedicated for 75 domains ? For me that seem more appropriate.

Usually people dont - just - move 75 domains within a couple of hours. Only the DNS update itself might take 24-72 hours.

No offense, but for me the initial post sounds like you were kicked out somewhere and have to look for a new home ;-)

Thats my 0.02$. Good luck to you.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

if you need 40+ gigs, why dont you consider moving up to a VPS or Dedicated?
    Then you wouldnt have some of those restrictions, but you need to know how to manage a server or spend more $ for someone to manage it for you...

also your looking for 6+ dedicated IP's you may be better off in the long run.
    only my opinion

Xau

Quote Originally Posted by Xau
    if you need 40+ gigs, why dont you consider moving up to a VPS or Dedicated?
    Then you wouldnt have some of those restrictions, but you need to know how to manage a server or spend more $ for someone to manage it for you...

also your looking for 6+ dedicated IP's you may be better off in the long run.
    only my opinion

Xau
    Generally,

People who get burnt by overselling webhosts, learn their lesson.. This case in particular seems to counter-act that.

Especially if he is expecting 40GB of filespace and 500GB of bandwidth for under $45 a month..

The bad thing about overselling fever, is that it corrupts your mind and makes you dillusional enough to think that you're actually paying for a good value and going to receive excellent hand-holding and catering support in return.

If he's expecting that amount of stuff for under $45, then I doubt he'll want to pay $95 and get a VPS or dedicated server, as it cannot be set up quickly enough for him (as he said, he needs instant setup apparently.

Just ain't right.

the 72 hours is from ISP's not the company you purchased from, you will have the same timeframe no matter where.

However thats just a safe estimate, I have seen it update within 10 minutes.

What's your budget for 15 GB of space and 500 GB of Bandwidth?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    What's your budget for 15 GB of space and 500 GB of Bandwidth?
    15 GB? Hesaid he needs 40GB!

Sorry, you're right, 15 GB is the current disk usage.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Bud, just get a dedicated server..

You're growing enough that if you're not drastically overselling, you should be okay price wise.

Quote Originally Posted by CEngine
    Bud, just get a dedicated server...
    That's why we decided to cancel his free trial account before moving *already overloaded* dedicated server (Dual Xeon) to our shared server. Even VPS won't work out. Mailshield is trying to cut the bill, but it's a suicide mission..
    WestNIC web hosting reseller hosting dedicated servers in USA and Germany
    Reliable reseller hosting services since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by WestNIC
    That's why we decided to cancel his free trial account before moving *already overloaded* dedicated server (Dual Xeon) to our shared server. Even VPS won't work out. Mailshield is trying to cut the bill, but it's a suicide mission..
    personally, I question anyone who has a reseller account with a need for 40+GB.. Must be storing questionable material.

So..................... My question is?

Can anyone help me find a reseller hosting package for 75 domains with all the bells and whistles of cpanel inc fantastico and more than 500g of data a month?

The current disk usage is 15 gig i need access to the following features and i need to know your support arrangements.
    To answer your question, no, you cannot find a shared environment - and especially not in a cpanel single server environment.

You "may" be able to get something somewhat realiable with these specs in a clustered hosting environment, but, even then, you are still better off getting your own server.

I understand you are frustrated, but really - you are looking for dedicated server requirements on a shared hosting budget - not sure what else you expect to find other then constant problems.

You need your own server - and if you cant manage it, then you also need a fully managed server. The cost for this will vary from $200 and up depending on hardware specs and the level of management services you require.

How people can expect this - while still expecting any sort of service level - for $10-$100 is simply beyound me
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by MailShield
    Never mind i think there getting it sorted now
    I think he found a new home for his websites already
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise