Thread: .de domains

.de domains

Hello,

I wanted to buy a few .de domains and set up their DNS for a server in California,
    but some ppl told me that I need different DNS with different Subnets.

Is this true?

And please tell me the best (maybe the cheapest) place to buy .de domains.

Thx in forward.

Are you german resident?

Yes, I am.

Name Servers on you host will be tumimg expressly for your domain.

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLex
    Name Servers on you host will be tumimg expressly for your domain.
    What is "tumimg"?

Quote Originally Posted by neximuss
    Hello,

I wanted to buy a few .de domains and set up their DNS for a server in California,
    but some ppl told me that I need different DNS with different Subnets.

Is this true?

And please tell me the best (maybe the cheapest) place to buy .de domains.

Thx in forward.
    Yes, you will have to have nameservers on different subnets (and a German admin contact).
    SuperRacks Ltd European Hosting
    We serve you with custom services
    Visit our website or ask for a custom quote
    Quality linux and Windows hosting, servers and collocation

Is there any good hosting with this all included? Should all german hosting companies have this feature?

Hello neximuss,

For the beginning you could go with enom and use their hosting.
    Enom is not a hosting company but their domain registrations are the best I found so far.
    Domains can also be registered f.e. with eurodns.com.

I am not sure why you want the DNS from the hosting provider, professional people wont recommend it *for practical reasons and to stay in control and independent ;-)

If you need a hand with the DNS settings then I can walk you through.
    You can post here or PM me (I am also german ;-)

I will go to bed now, but if you post here I pick it up first thing in the morning.

Best regards
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

I'm not the administrator in my team, I'm just want to find a way to registrate those domains. So I didn't understand you well.

Is there any company which would registrate for me those domains and let me be the owner, and also put the primary DNS of our server?

Quote Originally Posted by neximuss
    I'm not the administrator in my team, I'm just want to find a way to registrate those domains. So I didn't understand you well.

Is there any company which would registrate for me those domains and let me be the owner, and also put the primary DNS of our server?
    There are many country TLDs that require you to jump through hoops - some of those hoops being physically located in the country, faxing the TLD sponsor proof of incoporporation, having DNS server on seperate subnets, etc. Do some searching and find a company that has expereince dealing in this area and you will be fine.

Best Regards,

Enom.com and /or eurodns.com should both serve you well. Eurodns interface is very easy to understand and you dont need to be an administrator for this. Its all done in a WEB-GUI.. If you register f.e with EuroDNS first you can confirm quickly that the interface is easy to use.
    Last edited by valentin_nils; 10-27-2006 at 07:25 PM.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by utropicmedia-karl
    There are many country TLDs that require you to jump through hoops - some of those hoops being physically located in the country, faxing the TLD sponsor proof of incoporporation, having DNS server on seperate subnets, etc. Do some searching and find a company that has expereince dealing in this area and you will be fine.

Best Regards,
    What you are saying was certainly true five years ago, and is still true for some ccTLDs now, but it's "some" now, not "many".

The requirements for .de are (a) servers on different subnets and (b) an admin contact in Germany. I used a relative's address for my solitary .de domain, but I understand that some registration companies will let you use their address if you can't provide one of your own.