• webmin

15 37.50%
  • cube panel (lite)

0 0%
  • zpanel

5 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ZPanel, because it is simple, easy to use and has many features
    UnlimitedWebHost.net - Affordable Quality Hosting.

Also full of bugs, and doesn't like being installed

I have run it before and never encountered any bugs at all, also it installs fine. So what do you mean?

Well it only lets you use the root SQL user, which is not only a security risk but rather silly, and it always says the password is incorrect. And A few of the features just never worked.

Quote Originally Posted by splinternic
    Zpanel site says he's in the middle of finishing a new version, so no point in installing the old one.
    We have almost finished the new version, you can view the demo at http://www.zee-way.com:1818/ with the username and password "demo".

Quote Originally Posted by danserv
    Zpanel installation is a complete nightmare! I still haven't managed to get it to work. Also requires you to use the root password, which I don't like doing for security reasons
    It is not recommended to do so but if you really want to install ZPanel without the root password there is a workaround posted on our forums. Drop me a PM, i can help you install it. I am aware that alot of people are having issues installing ZPanel, we have created a simple installer for v3. With the new version it will be much easier to install ZPanel.

Meisam

Never had any issues with it, although you have to use the root mysql password, clients cannot access or modify any other databases apart from their own. Also the clients phpmyadmin logs them in using their own password. The 2.5 beta version has some errors but version 2 seems fine.

99% of the errors on v2.5b have been fixed, If you still see any errors feel free to email me at mmulla_at_zee-way.com.

Meisam

Correct me if I'm wrong: ZPanel is free, but not open source right?

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

Since ZPanel is open source, we have no limitations on providing you with the best features to enhance your hosting company.
    http://www.thezpanel.com/

You pay for support, Or use the forums Members helping members,
    Remote Hands and Your Local Tech for the Los Angeles area.

(310) 573-8050 - LinkedIn

@PERMA
    ISPconfig guys handled the rest
    ?

Who did the rest?

Why they do the rest?

More news about VHCS. The main programmer, Alex, decided to stop working on the project on 2006. I thought he would go back to the work, but in fact he wont it seems, according to 2 other developpers.

Those 2 other developpers decided to create a new project from scratch, and wont work on VHCS anymore, exept security patches, they said.

So it seems there wont ever be a VHCS 3.0. I think it's a shame as many people said they liked it.

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12