Can this be setup on a server?

I have a dedicated server with cpanel/WHM. This server is currently setup under 4 nameservers. But can a server be setup under 6 nameservers? Or is 4 nameservers the maxium amount?

Because I only see the option of setting up a server under 4 nameservers in WHM... can a server be setup under 6 nameservers or only 4 nameservers?

Please don't ask why I'm inquiring about this because it takes too long to explain. I just really need to find out if a server can be setup under 6 nameservers?

P.S- The reason why my server is setup under 4 nameservers right now is because I used two have 2 servers... but then migrated all customers onto a single server and got rid of my other server. So I simply setup the server I migrated customers to with 4 nameservers so that the migrated customers wouldn't have to go through the hassle of updating nameservers. Now I'm in a similar situation... that's why I need 6 nameservers to be setup on the server... because I again have 2 servers and am getting rid of it and migrating customers to my main single server.

No idea if you can and how you would do this in WHM but if you look at it microsoft itself has 5 NS servers

and google has 4 of em

so I guess it would be theoricaly unlimited # of servers? Just has the NS tool in OpenSRS allow up to 14 NS if I am right.

Hattiesburg, MS
    You can have the server be shown as being more than 4 DNS "names" which is what I think you are after.

Just make sure you have an A record for each of the DNS names you have given your clients. 1400 A IP.IP.IP.IP

You can also check out

which will give you lots of the DNS info that the server responses back with.
    InsanelyMacintosh - Macintosh Software Repository Listings

The short answer is that yes you can do 6 (or more DNS) servers by register the nameservers at the registrar however I've seem some registrars only allow 4 entries so this might be a potential issue
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Southwest UK
    I understood the RFC states you shoul dhave between 3 and 6 nameservers. But, of course, it all depends on the programmer who put the boxes on the webforms that you're using to edit your nameserver entries.

You could always manually edit your bind conf file.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good.