Hybrid View

Need help finding a new host for some sites

Does anyone know of any site that provides honest, objective, reliable rankings of hosting companies?

I'm looking for new companies to host some sites for which I am webmaster. I had the name of one that others claimed was good, but then yesterday I left a voice-mail message seeking info as a new customer, and now, 24 hours later, I still have no response. If that's how highly this company values possible new customers, I can only imagine how they treat customers.

My sites are all fairly simple, not that much traffic--they're all aimed at a narrow business segment. And no e-commerce on any of them.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me on identifying a service that provides objective reporting on the quality and metrics of hosts.

check out:

www.whreviews.com
    www.hostjury.com

Both should give you objective reviews

Tnx, they look useful.

webhostingstuff.com has almost every host that exists.
    Plutomic Hosting
    Empowering Your Web Ventures
    In Business Since 2005
    Specializing in Web Hosting, VPS, Managed Dedicated Servers and Managed Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by Plutomic-Andrew
    webhostingstuff.com has almost every host that exists.
    I second this, webhostingstuff.com is a very good site! although the top 10 web hosts frontpage aint cheap to get on ;( costs tons per click, but for reviews etc its excellent.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Doesnt it seem odd that anyone can be a "Top Host" and win awards if they spend enough money? Is there really so little honesty left on the web?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCurious
    Does anyone know of any site that provides honest, objective, reliable rankings of hosting companies?
    Yep - webhostingtalk.com . Pretty much all of the hosting directories are just places where companies with $$ can get fake reviews.
    Derek Raines
    Gigenet Communications - Chicago, IL