Question is dedicatednow back

Been talking with Jason From dedicated now a bit and he said that they had some tough time because expansion, but now are things back to be great. Is that really true in people's experience?
    Increase your hosting profits by up to 50% With no initial investment
    Find out how at https://www.EmpireConsultant.com

I posted a review a few months back at:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=506456

Since then I've had lots of help from support with things like hooking up a KVMoIP unit, troubleshooting weird errors, fast hardware replacements and fast reboots. The network guys have been quick at fixing any issues we've had, and even reporting the issues to the appropriate provider when the issue has been off their network (such as numerous reports to above.net).

They've also been very flexible and accomodating to my needs as my business grows. This is exactly what we need from a provider and has allowed us to grow from the ~2 servers we were running the business from when we first joined DedNow to the many servers we're currently using.

Their network has been reliable, and they've been working to add additional providers and now have or are about to have level3, nlayer, savvis, telia, mci and peering at NYIIX I believe, which should help improve latency further.
    Andrew Cranson, Director of Operations
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS :: UK, USA, Singapore
    Jelastic :: Next generation PaaS - UK Java & PHP Hosting
    True 24x7 Technical Support - peace of mind around the clock!

I left DedicatedNOW several months ago due to their constant network issues and overdue promises. Remote reboot did in fact show up a few months after I left I believe, however I don't think there are any bandwidth graphs yet. The network was down almost weekly for multiple hours at a time, and the speeds were not very good for being one state away from me (I'm in Maryland, DNOW is in New Jersey).

However the support staff there were excellent. I could always call in or submit a ticket and be sure that I would receive a response in a good time frame.

Alex

Those problems have now passed and I presume are part of the growth problems EmpireVPS mentioned Jason said are now fully resolved. I have seen no indication in many months of anything like that reoccuring. The NYIIX peering and additional bandwidth providers will resolve any local slow network connections. I'm in the UK and haven't had any problems caused by DNow network, our latency is very good (and our helpdesk server, transnexis.com and our HSPcomplete servers are located at DNow so we're constantly logged in).

They had some maintenance about a week or two ago to install some DDoS protection also, this was a weakness with their network they have now overcome.

The remote reboot system isn't fully operational yet I don't think, but I believe they have begun the process of installing it and are simply working through the racks until the entire facility is wired to it.

I'd suggest giving them a try for a month, see how things go. I'm very happy with them, they're the perfect provider for the US side of my business.
    Andrew Cranson, Director of Operations
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS :: UK, USA, Singapore
    Jelastic :: Next generation PaaS - UK Java & PHP Hosting
    True 24x7 Technical Support - peace of mind around the clock!

the option of giving it a try for a month, is not one that I have unfortunatly, it or I go the all way or not kind of thing, but I do appreciate the feedback. In your opinion is the network better than the one in superservers, steadfast and nac.net?

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky
    I'd suggest giving them a try for a month, see how things go. I'm very happy with them, they're the perfect provider for the US side of my business.
    That isn't possible as per their TOS. You must cancel no less than 30 days before your next renewal date.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireVPS
    In your opinion is the network better than the one in superservers, steadfast and nac.net?
    I would have to say Steadfast has a much better network than DedicatedNOW. They have a larger mix of top carriers, and Chicago is a very good location.

Alex

I didn't say that cancelleing is not an option. I'm saying that cancelling is not an option to me, considering that I'm colocating and there is major cost and efforts. Does not mean that I won't cancel if I have to, but it really sux

After some issues at summer (and I was with Jay at the time -- I kicked his *** I best I could, given he's got a coupla feet on me), things were resolved as promised and uptime is back to what it used to be.

So I'd have no problems recommending them.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!