Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #1 speed: 2400.859 MHz
    Processor #1 cache size: 512 KB

Processor #2 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #2 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #2 speed: 2400.859 MHz
    Processor #2 cache size: 512 KB

Memory Information: 1033720k/1048512k available (1877k kernel code, 14092k reserved, 759k data, 184k init, 131008k highmem)

the load average is like :
    Server Load 0.71 (2 cpus)
    Memory Used 73.5 %
    Swap Used 5.88 %

I feel my sites going slow a little bit, is that caused by the high memory consumption of some another reason, and would you please tell me the amount of memory that should be free always to keep the server running fast

Best regards

you only need to worry when you start hitting swap space hard.

Does your websites use mySQL? If so, that usually consumes alot of memory.

My sit is using my SQL, but regardless who is consuming the RAM, do I need another 1 GB of RAM or not
    and the strange thing is that sometimes memory used is more than 80% but the swap usage still less than 10%, why the server doesn t use the swap more

any way I thing with 1 GB Ram and 75% of it used means you don't have any resource left and may be that s why I feel my sites slow

Still the same question with now answer yet, shall I order another piece of RAM or not

wisam,

Are you experiencing any overloads, sites going slow..etc..? Your load is low. If you're not having any problems then you can probably wait on the RAM upgrade until you start experiencing memory issues.
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but afaik, linux os is designed to use as much of the memory possible, no matter how much you have. It uses the memory with such efficiency that it will use almost the entire ram but at the same time not use swap. But when you starting using swap more often, then you might consider shutting down unnecessary programs or just get more ram.

Quote Originally Posted by wisam74us
    Hi .. this is my server information:

Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #1 speed: 2400.859 MHz
    Processor #1 cache size: 512 KB

Processor #2 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #2 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #2 speed: 2400.859 MHz
    Processor #2 cache size: 512 KB

Memory Information: 1033720k/1048512k available (1877k kernel code, 14092k reserved, 759k data, 184k init, 131008k highmem)

the load average is like :
    Server Load 0.71 (2 cpus)
    Memory Used 73.5 %
    Swap Used 5.88 %

I feel my sites going slow a little bit, is that caused by the high memory consumption of some another reason, and would you please tell me the amount of memory that should be free always to keep the server running fast

Best regards
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Are you experiencing any overloads, sites going slow..etc..?
    In the peaking hours (2-3hours/day) when the used RAM reaches 75-80% and the server load 1-1.5 yes I can feel the sites getting slow
    Linux os is designed to use as much of the memory possible
    But on anther server with 4 CPUs and 3 GB of ram , I can t see the used memory more the 35% for a single moment even when the server load reach 8, but the sites there are blazing always, that is why I have some concerns about if my RAM in used critically or not

yes,you need.
    recommend 2GB