Arrow Urchin 5 vs. WebTrends vs. Other

I currently on have cpanel's AWstats and am looking for an analytics software solution much more robust so I can drill-down on various things.

Google Analytics is not in the cards for various reasons, but Urchin 5, WebTrends and any other software-based analytics I am interested in.

If you have used Urchin 5 (when is Urchin 6 Software going to be released?), or WebTrends or another, I would love to hear your opinions on it and whether it performs well and gives you the info you need.

Having used Urchin 5 before, I have a pretty good idea (from what I remember a while back) of all it's features and such. However, I have never used WebTrends Analytics and from some research on their site and taking the product tour, I still have very little idea of all it can do. So if anyone has used both, which do you prefer and why? Thanks so much.
    People train run out of Stubville.

checkout smarterstats from smartertools.com

What about a hosted alternative. Something like Google Analytics but with better performance not too expensive. This guys www.certifica.com has something in Latinamerica, but they charge too much.

Update: Recently found this service www.onestats.com what do you think?
    Last edited by albatroz; 10-31-2006 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seodevhead
    I currently on have cpanel's AWstats and am looking for an analytics software solution much more robust so I can drill-down on various things.

Google Analytics is not in the cards for various reasons, but Urchin 5, WebTrends and any other software-based analytics I am interested in.

If you have used Urchin 5 (when is Urchin 6 Software going to be released?), or WebTrends or another, I would love to hear your opinions on it and whether it performs well and gives you the info you need.

Having used Urchin 5 before, I have a pretty good idea (from what I remember a while back) of all it's features and such. However, I have never used WebTrends Analytics and from some research on their site and taking the product tour, I still have very little idea of all it can do. So if anyone has used both, which do you prefer and why? Thanks so much.

I've used both Urchin 5 and WebTrends. We used WebTrends a few years ago and it causes me nothing but headaches. It would complain about the size of the database it maintained for us, and die. The software was terribly slow. Mind you, we were indexing apache logs for all of our sites (HotScripts, WebHostingTalk, etc).

We then moved to Urchin 5 and we have been very happy with the results, it's fast, and works great once you get it setup. It has a bit of a learning curve, you must setup filters on several things, such as removing robot traffic from your numbers, etc. As far as Urchin 6, there is no telling, Google stated they were going to release Urchin 6 eventually but there is no date, and I doubt there will be one.

http://www.google.com/analytics/urchin_software.html

Urchin 6 software will not be free when it is released in 2006. However, if you paid for an Advanced Support contract that expired after March 2006, you will be offered a free upgrade to Urchin 6 software when it is available. If you are looking for a free analytics service, please sign up for Google Analytics.
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media