Software Overpriced?

The Company I work for was looking for a potential upgrade to the latest Autocad software. Why is this software $3,000's? Same goes for 3D Studio Max 9, when I can get a competing product with the same features for $420 ?

Also, same goes for Photoshop. Is the software really worth $600's a pop? Does the average user have enough to buy it at that price, and wouldn't they make more money by lowering it to even as little as $200?

Just curious
    Neil
    Check out Twelveoclock.net. And please check out our forums for fun Animation/Technology talk

Adobe photoshop isn't designed for home use. It was always intended for professional advertising agencies and graphic artists.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

For purchases like that you look at the ROI. For example, I paid over $500 for a title that I use maybe three times a year.

I pay an annual $600 contract for another software title that I use maybe once every two or three years. I know, don't contract for one year, but if you don't, you have to pay the full price for the software which is over $3000 now (company sold to another, bla, bla).... when I originally paid for it was $1,500.

Then again, these also allow tax deductions for my business.

There are cheaper titles on the market, but most of the time the market leader is there for a reason.

Also don’t forget, if you are a student, you can get many titles for cheaper than the full retail price.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

They are business tools that easily pay for themselves in the hands of professionals.

Also donít forget, if you are a student, you can get many titles for cheaper than the full retail price.

Some of software 60% to 80% off
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Oracle's pricing starts from 5 digit numbers (actually, from what I understand, they do have a free version now, but it used to start from 5 digits )

But, no I don't think it is overpriced. I mean, seriously, people spend alot more money on specialized hardware. Just because it is a piece of software and you can't actually see or hold it doesn't mean that it didn't take time, energy and effort to create it...