* It's pink, don't get scared!

Hi WHT members!

I'm currently working on my small portfoliosite to showcase the work I've done (cause hey, that's what portfolio's are for ey? )

Anyways, it's quite errr... pink!

http://www.vivizio.nl/dev/vivinew/

I like to keep it simple, please let me know what you think of this. Thanks for your input!

Hmm, don't know why the portfolio-items are in Dutch, while the rest of the site's in English... Gotta change that but for now it's just about the idea...

Very nice. I like the pink very much. Only thing I would say is take out the hyphen after "web" on the first line. Great work.

I like your eye for detail. I was thinking about the same thing... Thanks for the comments!

//EDIT

Done.

Css doesn't pass Validator.

Otherwise very nice.
    ReflexNetworks means Happy Clients!

Nice design, only thing is it isnt working with Opera.

that sucks Can you please post a screenie for me?

Not bad. I like the flow of the site. The pink is okay. Not too girly.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostWoman
    Very nice. I like the pink very much. Only thing I would say is take out the hyphen after "web" on the first line. Great work.
    I like the pink as well. I like the fact that you used a few different shades of the same color, as opposed to the same shade of pink (that would make my eyes hurt after a while!). Design wise, I think it looks great. Layout and content wise, I think it is great also! I like the way that the content is displayed, and the way one can navigate about your website without having to wait for the pages to load (since it is all on one page).

Great work! Definetly a very nice design .

Looks awesome mate.

Not crazy about the navigation. When you click on the 'About Me' link, it's not evident how to get back to the main page. When I don't see a back button, and I just clicked a link - I always assume that the page openend in a NEW window. So after I scanned your About Me, didnt see a back button....I closed the entire window.

Sometimes standard is ok. Navigation is one of those times.

Pink. Yuck. I don't particularly like the colors, and I think you might be alienating those that don't. I'd really go more neutral, especially with the front page. If you wanna get funky on the inside pages that's ok.

Looks quite nice, I like the pink..
    Your portfolio items aren't working correctly, if I click on more than one item, the previous ones don't close..they just pile up
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Bunch of typos. Should do it in Flash so it works across all browsers/platforms.

I love pink but its too red for me.
    How ever it is very nice and I do like it.

nice color

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela
    Hi WHT members!

I'm currently working on my small portfoliosite to showcase the work I've done (cause hey, that's what portfolio's are for ey? )

Anyways, it's quite errr... pink!

http://www.vivizio.nl/dev/vivinew/

I like to keep it simple, please let me know what you think of this. Thanks for your input!

Hmm, don't know why the portfolio-items are in Dutch, while the rest of the site's in English... Gotta change that but for now it's just about the idea...
    hey I like the color and the design but I cant get past the first page.

As a fellow dutch designer, I would like to say I like it.

The sidenote I want to give is I would make the thumbnails of the portfolio full colour for sure. With that you wont make it less pink but you make it stronger. Because is a high contrast colour it does look better with slight some other colours. Or one other option is to use a bit more grey. Take as example T-mobile with its pink. If they would make it all pink their brand wouldnt stand so strong. But with grey the pink really stands out.

Also you should line out the heading together with the buttons. So Where you say "Online portfolio of web and visual designer Jaser van der Meer" the start of this sentence the "O" Should be at the same vertical in same position as the start of the first button "More about me and vivizio". And the end of the pink background should vertical lined at the end with "Meer", so less width.

One other tip is to use something of the logo in in the design, so for example lose the arrow you have now in the the layout but replace with the V but then 90 degree of your logo.

looks pretty amazing, would definity consider you for a design if we were looking.
    redihot.com | low cost quality hosting
    Looking for a web hosting solution? Gain complete satisfaction today.
    With our 99.95% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7 Monitoring, Friendly Support, Cpanel/Fantastico, Domains and much more, why wait?

Thanks redihot.com, that's very nice to hear!

Hey mate,

I really love the way how you have incorporated the pink! i absolutley lurv it!

Great work!

Hamish

Hi,

I am not a designer. For me personal that pink is a bit to strong, but for a designers portfilio that might be just what you are looking for. It certainly does get attention.

Somehow the colour combination reminds me of the German Telekom and their pink elephant.;-)
    (not sure if you know that)
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by seann1
    hey I like the color and the design but I cant get past the first page.
    It's only a dummy design, and it's not supposed to load more then one page once it's finished

Quote Originally Posted by VisumDesign
    Hey mate,

I really love the way how you have incorporated the pink! i absolutley lurv it!

Great work!

Hamish
    Thanks, very nice! I like your website as well. that image looks very good with the rest of the website.

Quote Originally Posted by valentin_nils
    Hi,

I am not a designer. For me personal that pink is a bit to strong, but for a designers portfilio that might be just what you are looking for. It certainly does get attention.

Somehow the colour combination reminds me of the German Telekom and their pink elephant.;-)
    (not sure if you know that)
    I've looked it up on Google but it sure does :-) It's about the same color...

I thought the same about the site. Before I read the last posts I had "German Telekom" in my head! hehe

The design isnīt too bad, I guess itīs a matter of taste...pink isnīt my fac colour though!

And as another dutch designer, I like it.

It's simple, original and professional.

I really like it when designers use colors other than blue. The pink is really nice, and I think brings a personal touch to your portfolio.

Keep up the good work.