Thread: SEO techniques

SEO techniques

I have had recent SEO success with some of the website i am designing.
    www.winracks.com
    and
    www.wadc.co.uk

Both these sites are optimised for google and yahoo at least.

What techniques do all you other people use and can you show some examples of your success?

Cheers look forward to the replies

Andy

I think those sites could be optimized quite a bit more. Check out Google Sitemaps and Google Analytics.

Did you make the background for wadc.co.uk with Photoshop clouds filter?

Quote Originally Posted by andyfade
    What techniques do all you other people use and can you show some examples of your success?
    You are naive

a few improvments you can make. they are very general:

1) Get google sitemaps and Analytics so you can track your success.
    2) Fix your robots.txt. you can have spaces when you define a folder area
    3) ADD CONTENT. This is the biggest one. Just add some content seriously. You have like 500 words. This won't drive traffic.
    4) Set a goal. I assume your goal isnt to have random people go to your site. ...Example: "I want to make $xxxx.00 per year on this site" ..."I want to raise interest level for snorkling" ...anything like that. It doesnt look like you have a goal set.
    5) Use white content area. Black background. No excuse for not using that. 99.99999% of websites that get more than 1,000 hits a day follow this rule. The few people you might be driving to your site with meta tag optimization are being turned away by the poorly designed site with no information.

Focusing on making your website more useful would be the best way to drive traffic. Amazingly enough, you will drive traffic to your site if it is good.

Would you find your websites to be extremely informative if you were a random person? ..Ill give you the answer, its no.

Anway. Good luck. Let us know what you change.

Quote Originally Posted by andyfade
    www.winracks.com
    and
    www.wadc.co.uk

Andy

It shows PR 0 for winracks and PR 3 for wadc.

Have you tried registering at SEOChat. com? It is a great message board with a lot of experts that can give you a lot of helpful feeback and suggestions.

Thanks for all your advice guys.

I will take your suggetions serioulsy.
    I am new to this so i am finding it difficult, but as with all things i am learning everyday.

Regards

i belive navigation should appar after the content so search can read the content first that make more effective to search bot and naviagtion or side bar after content

hi,

i saw your site. site is nice. before you optimize your site you should remember few things. i come to know lotmany things about your site but i would like to share few things very common.

title:

your title conssts of lot of stop words(and. of) and you title should have atleast 1 keyword

description: the description that you have given is not a description but this is a bunch of keywords. try to make your description decsriptive and specific within 250 charecters.

keywords: you have repeated the same thing in keyword tag. a big list of keywords. try to make it limited to 20-25 words

these are the very comon things that you have to do i mean to say that these are the primary steps of your running. what signature 16 has wriiten please follow those

Hi, your site winracks is nice. Your metaname is OK, check the key word density, the first page , probably, should be optimized for "reptile and rodent breeding systems", though it does look too long, but your site can be optimized for low-rank query and keep top positions there. The key word density, as most Seo experts believe, should be 2-5% on the page. Ohter pages can be optimized for high-ranking queries, like "reptile" or smth.

http://www.winracks.com/ shows Page Rank 0 and http://www.wadc.co.uk/ is just unavailable: "The page cannot be displayed." I'm sure most of us know what this means.

I have had recent SEO success with some of the website i am designing.
    www.winracks.com
    and
    www.wadc.co.uk

Why don't you start by stating, what have you done with the sites to make it a success?
    Affordable web hosting and also a reliable web hosting.
    24x7 support. Dedicated for your online business needs, with complete scripts (milist, blog, autoresponder, audio, video, etc) and monthly products with (Master) Resell Rights.