Thread: Server API

Server API

Can anyone tell me how to make server api to use apache instead of cgi?

Since i got the following message from one programmer:

"anyway.. the reason why you experience such high load is that server API turn CGI
    probably your host did not pay attention to this point when they re-installed something

It must be server API = apache
    ServerAPI should Apache ("as in apache module")

Currently it's running as CGI = creating double process = makes extreme server load

Version: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)
    Last edited by DjiXas; 10-25-2006 at 04:57 AM.

Southwest UK
    I'm not sure anyone can help you with that description. What server are we talking about here?

You can install mod_php which will run php pages in-process to apache, rather than cgi which spawns a separate process to do it, but whether this is a good thing or not depends on what you're trying to do - this is especially important with regard to security as mod_php will run all processes as the apache user.

to install mod_php, I'd look on the web for a full description, but basically you just need to put an additional "LoadModule" entry in your httpd.conf file.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good.

* Moved to Technical and Security Issues...

I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Nevermind, fixed.