Thread: Server API

Server API

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to make server api to use apache instead of cgi?

Since i got the following message from one programmer:

"anyway.. the reason why you experience such high load is that server API turn CGI
    probably your host did not pay attention to this point when they re-installed something

It must be server API = apache
    ServerAPI should Apache ("as in apache module")
    mod_php4

Currently it's running as CGI = creating double process = makes extreme server load
    "

Version: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)
    Last edited by DjiXas; 10-25-2006 at 04:57 AM.

I'm not sure anyone can help you with that description. What server are we talking about here?

You can install mod_php which will run php pages in-process to apache, rather than cgi which spawns a separate process to do it, but whether this is a good thing or not depends on what you're trying to do - this is especially important with regard to security as mod_php will run all processes as the apache user.

to install mod_php, I'd look on the web for a full description, but basically you just need to put an additional "LoadModule mod_php.so" entry in your httpd.conf file.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good.

* Moved to Technical and Security Issues...

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Nevermind, fixed.