Revert firefox tab settings??

Just upgraded to the new version of FF and something is driving me absolutely nuts. Before, there was a single solitary 'x' on the right side of the tab bar that never moved, so I could click click click to close the tabs. Now, however, there is an 'x' on each tab and it's not quite as easy to close them quickly (I often open up 30+ tabs, and if the first couple of sentences don't catch me, I close the tab)..
    I know I can do Ctrl+W, but I'd rather have it look like it did before...
    Is there a setting somewhere to change it back?
    Kevin

This MIGHT put it back. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1122/ There is a link to a beta version there.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Just type about:config in the address bar, go to browser.tabs.closeButtons, and change it to either 2 or 3. Two disables the close button, and 3 changes it back to 1.x with the close button on the right.

Also, just like you can middle click a link to open it in a new tab, you can middle click a tab to close it.
    GotPing Internet
    www.gotping.com

I figured that there was an about:config setting somewhere but I didn't know what it was called...
    Thanks