[ Now Hiring ] Lvl 1-3 Technical Support Engineers
ByteFortress Technologies LLC. (www.bytefortress.net) has immediate openings for Technical Support Engineers. Due to rapid growth and expansion we are seeking talented individuals to join the our Team.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wishes to be a part of a very successful company that focuses on quality customer care.
This is a VERY fast paced environment requiring individuals with strong work ethics and the ability to be a team player. You must be very patient & have the ability to listen and generate technically sound solutions on the fly.
Duties for this position include:
- Troubleshooting client issues via Helpdesk & Telephone.
- Product Development + Testing of new hardware/software solutions.
- Server & Network Security Auditing + Vulnerability Assessment and Correction
- Monitoring servers and responding to event notifications. (Service Down / Load Alerts etc)
- Performing scheduled or assigned tasks/projects.
- Comprehensive Linux/Unix Knowledge.
- Bash/Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of Networking Fundamentals (TCP/IP, Basic Networking)
- Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MySQL, PGSQL)
- Experience troubleshooting hardware.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced environment.
Desired, but not required:
- Windows 2000/2003 / IIS5/6+ Experience
- Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MSSQL, Oracle)
- Solaris Knowledge/Experience
- PHP Programming Experience
- ASP Programming Experience
- C/C++ Programming Experience
- Knowledge of Advanced Networking Fundamentals w/ Certifiable competency (CCNA, Network+ etc)
This position will initially be remote (telecommute from home). Keep in mind that you may be asked to re-locate to Dallas,TX to work in-house at any time.
We provide the following tools necessary to perform the above mentioned tasks.: IP Telephone, Web Conference Camera, Virus + Spyware Protection Software, and Internet Connection Compensation (up to $40.00 per month).
You are responsible for the following: A stable computer running a Windows variant that will pass virus, spyware and trojan detection/audits.
Note: We do not perform credit checks. However we DO perform criminal background checks. Due to the nature of our business and the services we provide our clients, this is necessary and non-negotiable. If you are not willing to undergo one, please do not bother applying.
The positions are on a full-time basis (Approximately 40 hours per week). Immediate Availability
Please forward resume with cover letter to sales -at- bytefortress.net
Please include salary requirements, and work history with your application.
NO phone or Live Chat Inquiries will be accepted.