Linkpoint Always Down?

Has anyone noticed linkpoint has been down alot lately. Today I had customers complaining because they werent able to place orders, and linkpoint just says they are experiencing a "production outage and no restore time is available." its been off and on for a while, does anyone know if its possible for cardservice merchants to use authorize.net or some other gateway that is up.

You can use Authorize.net with CardService as Authorize.net supports the First Data platform which CS uses. Making the switch shouldn't be difficult if you are using an out-of-the-box solution that supports both. Otherwise you'll need to work with a different API. Fortunately the Authorize.net API is very easy to work with.
    John Conde
    Merchant Account Services
    | IT'S HERE: Merchant Accounts 101 : Learn Everything About Merchant Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrencher
    Has anyone noticed linkpoint has been down alot lately. Today I had customers complaining because they werent able to place orders, and linkpoint just says they are experiencing a "production outage and no restore time is available." its been off and on for a while, does anyone know if its possible for cardservice merchants to use authorize.net or some other gateway that is up.

Yes, we set up Well fargo/Cardservice merchants all the time.
    Fast Charge Payment Gateway™
    www.fastcharge.com
    509-924-6730 Ext 200
    800-459-0625 Ext 200

Well they actually switched from one city to another on the EFS network. There were some issues but it is all handled now. Hopefully by this time next year they will have redundant data centers.

Unfortunately they cannot do too much more now that the holidays are coming. Each gateway will have some problems off and on but LinkPoint will be fixing that soon with the redundant data center

FYI
    LinkPoint is down again. They have been down for over 9 hrs now. I'm on the phone with Support right now. I'm told they have no idea when the systems will be online again. No details on the problem either. Just a bunch of people answering the phone. That's great customer service!

Do me a favor, let me know how long this outage lasts if you could. It would be good information for us to have.
    John Conde
    Merchant Account Services
    | IT'S HERE: Merchant Accounts 101 : Learn Everything About Merchant Accounts