Thread: Offering T1s

Offering T1s

If a local loop provider were to offer me good loop cost for an area, and I wanted to provide T1 services to my customers, what type of hardware would I need? This is assuming that the local loop carrier hands me a T3 as my main link to their network, and then all my T1s around town are carried to my datacenter over the T3. Then once at my datacenter the traffic would go to the internet.

What equipment would be capable of doing something like this (offering T1s)? Is there anything that does not cost an arm and a leg?

Thank you,
    Kyle

I'd look into a Cisco VXR
    GigeNET
    Dedicated Servers + Cloud Servers + Colocation + DDOS Protection + IP Transit with FCP optimized routing
    Locations in Chicago Los Angeles and Ashburn

I'm assuming you're talking about a channelized offering, and not a local frame-relay or ATM cloud? Do you want to break them down into individual physical T1s again at the DC using an M13 mux, or are you looking to keep everything on DS3 transport into the DC and logically break out the channels on some network widget?
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

I am not sure, like say if I was to get someone like transport provider, that gave me a T3 link to their network back to my datacenter, and then any T1 line was routed by the provider back to my t3, where it was seperated at my datacenter into seperate t1s.

Thank you,
    Kyle

What do you define as costing an arm and a leg? What equipment do you already have in place?
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA
    Dedicated Servers, KVM, Xen & OpenVZ VPS, Co-location, R1Soft Data Backup, Shared & Reseller Hosting

An arm and a leg is lets say over 5k. I don't have any equipment, this is just a lets say question. Lets say I have a ethernet internet handoff from a colo facility.