Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ServInt?

Thumbs down ServInt?

well, after reading number of reviews about ServInt.net in this forum, decided to give them a try but sadly to tell u that in the end was not up to my expectation. after spoken to their sale and thought everything gone right so proceed for payment via PayPal but when it has been completed. nothing was received from them until now? where's my vps detail? byw, inorder to protect my own right, i opened a PayPal dispute against them and i know there are staffs from ServInt.net in this forum so hope that im able to get a satisfy answer for this.

PayPal Transaction: 1311950746272582T

Order Number AAF-781265-709

Package Ordered VPS Signature cPanel
    Package Order Code VPSSIGCP

Additional Items cPanel $0 Setup, $0 Monthly

Setup Fee $0.00
    Base Rate $89.00
    Total Due $89.00

ServInt is not a scam. And I don't think they'll want to deal with you after you opened the dispute.

what u mean by that? is this right to get nothing for what i pay for? are u from ServInt.net?

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    ServInt is not a scam. And I don't think they'll want to deal with you after you opened the dispute.
    I agree. I don't remember reading a negative review from them. What date did you order? What date did you file a dispute? Did you attempt to contact ServInt prior to filing a dispute?

Quote Originally Posted by kimchris
    what u mean by that? is this right to get nothing for what i pay for? are u from ServInt.net?
    I don't work for ServInt and I have not presented my opinion about their services in this thread, but rather I have stated factual information.

Please let me know if you have any further ignorant claims.

Thanks!

of course i did but no respond from them yet? that's the reason (I don't remember reading a negative review from them) for why i choose to go for them at the first place.

You placed an order (# CEA-306368-757) yesterday at 7:42am EDT. This order included no special setup instructions.

You placed another order (# BEB-194350-406) yesterday at 7:53am EDT. This order included special setup instructions.

Yesterday at 9:32am EDT you received an email from one of our sales representatives confirming your order had been received and would be processed as soon as your payment arrived.

You placed another order (# AAF-781265-709) today at 8:09am EDT. This order included a slightly modified version of the special setup instructions, including a note to disregard your order from yesterday. It also included an update to your street address.

All 3 of the orders you placed were for the same service. In other words, you only wanted one VPS yet you filled out the order 3 times. Which, although legally this binds you to 3 different accounts with us, we understand your intent was to only purchase one, and we're nice about that.

Your Paypal payment wasn't made until today at 11:30am EDT. This is over 27 hours after you placed your original order, and less than 4 hours ago.

Your Paypal dispute was filed today at 1:58pm EDT, only 2 and a half hours after you made your payment.

Our website, the information sent to you by our Sales representative, and all offers we've ever made on WHT clearly state that a VPS account requires up to 24 hours to activate.

At no point between placing your first order yesterday and making your payment today did you communicate with anyone at ServInt to ask about your account. Instead, you seem to have chosen only to communicate with us by repeatedly filling out orders, and by opening a thread here. You also ignored our procedures for ordering, neglected to send your payment, and failed to follow the instructions provided to you both on our website and in the emails sent to you subsequent to your order.

At 2:58pm EDT you finally emailed our billing department saying "why i never receive my vps detail after payment made? please refer to
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=557295 and tell me the
    reason."

That is the first communication we've received from you. I'm sorry, but ServInt has been in business for almost 12 years, and I believe you know this already. We conduct ourselves according to laws, ethics, and high standards of excellence. I believe the above account of events should not only explain to you what happened, but should clarify for the WHT community what happened. At this time I feel that the best course of action for you may be to find hosting elsewhere, as it doesn't seem that your expectations and behavior are a good fit with a professional hosting company such as ServInt.
    ServInt
    Providing Managed VPS for over 11 years
    Managed Dedicated Servers for almost 19 years!
    http://www.servint.net

wow! his ordering changing and address changing actually makes his order sound kinda fraudulent. good luck on that one mr farmer!

ive been with servint a LONG time and am still very pleased with them!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

well, the first two ordered forms that i submitted was because i saw no link to proceed for payment after i completed them. then i go for the third, still cant saw the payment link so thought of giving up. until i signed into my hotmail account, from there, i saw your email. u cant blame or given such an excuse to a new client who do not famliar with how your site being operated. i even told u to contact me via phone or i can contact u too but did not get an answer regarding this from yours.

i did not said i want to have a refund and why did that? i just want to have thing solve it nicely and correctly. i already mentioned that im new to your host. is this the way for a big host to get thing done without a kind of responsibility?

i did not said i want to have a refund and why did that? i just want to have thing solve it nicely and correctly. i already mentioned that im new to your host. is this the way for a big host to get thing done without a kind of responsibility?
    the moment you fill out a Paypal dispute, you are demanding a refund (more or less)...

well, the first two ordered forms that i submitted was because i saw no link to proceed for payment after i completed them. then i go for the third, still cant saw the payment link so thought of giving up. until i signed into my hotmail account, from there, i saw your email. u cant blame or given such an excuse to a new client who do not famliar with how your site being operated. i even told u to contact me via phone or i can contact u too but did not get an answer regarding this from yours.
    On our order form it states:

"Check here if you are paying by PayPal or check.
    You will receive a statement from ServInt with all the necessary details shortly."

You checked the box, but as you admit above, didn't check your email. This isn't something ServInt can anticipate and we can not check your email for you.

Yesterday morning at 8:13am you acknowledged receipt of the instructions by email to Jenn Gartin because you complained that you didn't want to follow our procedures. I have now also learned that you had been emailing back and forth with one of our Billing representatives this morning. You were even given an alternative to our standard procedures which accomodated your personal requirements. Clearly there was no lack of communications from ServInt, simply a high level of impatience on your part.

Your payment has been refunded and all 3 of your orders have been nullified.
    ServInt

i did not said i want to have a refund and why did that?
    I wouldnt want to host you either.
    Last edited by askthexperts; 10-24-2006 at 04:30 PM.
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

I agree with daniel_grant. If you didn't want your money back, you should have continued with the turnup process and accepted your account when it was created, which would have happened by now if it wasn't for the Paypal dispute. To tell Paypal you want them to get your money back for you, but to tell me here on WHT that you don't want a refund, is contradictory. Either you want your money back (which you now got) or you don't.

We have turned up 31 VPS accounts since you placed your order yesterday, many of which used Paypal, none of which resulted in a Paypal dispute in order to "hurry the order along." I am sorry this ended up how it did, as I truly believe you're missing out on a fantastic product. However, at this point I can only wish you the best of luck with whatever hosting provider you choose, and suggest you closely read all information provided on their website and in any emails or other messages they may send to you.
    ServInt

Thumbs up

Servint sounds like a truly top notch company and solid as can be in the business... too bad they are a little to expensive for me, otherwise I'd go with them in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Cripto
    Servint sounds like a truly top notch company and solid as can be in the business... too bad they are a little to expensive for me, otherwise I'd go with them in a second.
    you get what you pay for.

I think the thread should be re-titled, and the OP banned.

retitled, yes. banned, probably not. everyone is entitled to their thoughts and opinions, maybe the guy can learn something by hanging out here.

Servint s a quite respectable & professional company and certainly it does not deserve this kind of critisism by people who do not know what they are doing...

BobFarmer, why can't you let this guy reregister with you? Now that you've got a wonderful chance for advertisement.

I am no fan of Servint but this looks pretty obvious that the customer screwed up and then just freaked out. If this is how he is before the account you can only imagine how he will be after the account.

BobFarmer: Your payment has been refunded and all 3 of your orders have been nullified. I am sorry this ended up how it did, as I truly believe you're missing out on a fantastic product. However, at this point I can only wish you the best of luck with whatever hosting provider you choose, and suggest you closely read all information provided on their website and in any emails or other messages they may send to you.
    with this that wrote, i can understand why your host are well respected by most of them. however, i do not agree that i had missed out any of your fantastic product. instead, i felt lucky enough for myself to retreated just in time to get hosted with another great host (slhost.com). they have instance notification system for upon payment completed to let know that my order will be processed shortly. YES, indeed no b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t at all! their setup time was very fast (less than 2hrs) and also have completed all my requested for the server configuration that mentioned without second question needed (unlike other host). they have a group of very experiencing support with high knowledge and responding time by them are simply amazing (average 15mins). thanks Servint for given me up, if not i will not be landed up with a Brilliant Host providing the Best VPS Prices on the net then.

kelownatech: I wouldnt want to host you either.
    sorry but your never get into the consideration in my list at all!

EuroVPS/Director: I think the thread should be re-titled, and the OP banned.
    ur just out to test WHT :lol: if they did then what would other might think? companion? come on, i suggest learn some from BobFarmer the way he posted.

Lauren Stephens: maybe the guy can learn something by hanging out here.
    this one sound more like an adult. Yes, ur right! im alway here and willing to learn. any good lesson feel free to keep me inform?

tonino: Servint s a quite respectable & professional company and certainly it does not deserve this kind of critisism by people who do not know what they are doing...
    please learn on how use the word critisism, im not but u already did.

Segey: BobFarmer, why can't you let this guy reregister with you? Now that you've got a wonderful chance for advertisement.
    is it? let's hope they are able to get more deals with the help of this thread then. certainly not me as i already with a top best host right now. thanks for your kindness anyway...

rbrowme: am no fan of Servint but this looks pretty obvious that the customer screwed up and then just freaked out. If this is how he is before the account you can only imagine how he will be after the account.
    so just got to blame on their payment system. slhost.com has the best payment system by far i encountered with.

kimchris glad to hear you found your perfect host.

Quote Originally Posted by kelownatech
    I wouldnt want to host you either.
    x2

Darn he is on my host now!

Darn he is on my host now!
    DOH!!!!

.....thanks Servint for given me up, if not i will not be then.
    Hi Kimchris
    (first, sorry about my english, is not my main language)

I do recommend you to rethink every statement you'll say when involves someone else.
    In this industry you can't say anything too lightly, and when you do, you have to be very precise, don't say more nor less of what it is.

I'm saying this because you seem not only to just jump into conclusions with very little info, but also stating serious things about others based on nothing conclusive.., and even so.., there are professional ways to manage issues like misunderstandings or lack of communication.
    For example you are saying Servint is a SCAM.. and as a Title... even if done like a question, based on what we all see like not enough for that.... and then you say "...landed up with a Brilliant Host providing the Best VPS Prices on the net..."... when you just signed up with them hours a go.
    Again, as you say, if you have trouble with X thing about X company because they didn't do a web page the right way or understandable enough to you..., or etc. etc. etc. etc. (doesn't matter what) you have to try first to solve it professionaly.

With a professional atitude you will have healthy business.

Salutes

Jagarco
    Last edited by jagarco; 10-26-2006 at 05:38 PM.

ur just out to test WHT :lol: if they did then what would other might think?
    I for one (and a non-forum-royalty one at that) would applaud WHT were they to significantly alter the title if not delete this thread entirely.

Jagarco's intelligent post pretty much summarizes my thoughts on the matter.

It's one thing to read on this public board negative opinions about some host or even highly disparaging but nevertheless true statements about some host; it's quite another to read a statement, veiled thinly in the form of a question, which by its author's own (at least tacit) admission falsely accuses a host of a crime of moral turpitude. That is very serious stuff and, I respectfully submit, a disservice to those of us who read WHT as the rich resource it is for arriving at a variety of informed decisions.

(I currently do not have any ties, business or personal, to the host in question or to this thread's author. In fact, I lease a server in the DFW area with a competitor of the host.)

I also strongly feel the title should be changed as well by one of the staff, being that it is completely unjustified in this particular instance. Just asking the question plants seeds of doubt in a potential customers' mind.

A lot of people read the postlist titles and may have considered their services, but this title alone may scare them away without them further investigating what really occurred.

Leaving it would be quite irresponsible IMHO. I can only imagine how furious it would make any host owner, and how many sales it could potentially cost them in the future over no fault of their own whatsoever.

Plain and simple -- This person is a pain to deal with.

You need to control your temper, relax. No company will just jump up and process and setup your order 1-2-3. You need to show some patience. Now, this thread should be deleted and all forgotten.

Please kimchris, think about what you do BEFORE you go out and do it or the result will be exactly what has happened.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

I agree. If the thread is not deleted, please at least remove "scam" from the title. Mods ?

yes, please do that.

servint is not a scam and a lot of folks wont bother reading the entire thread.

servint showed it takes care of business.

I'm going to put my first post in this forum because I think BobFarmer handled this issue in a way that put me to ease. I have read this forum - lurking is more like it - for a week now, looking at VPS offers looking at the "Hosters" web sites. At times I feel like this is one area where you go in faith - you look at reviews. Read up on the difference and at times I think I pulled my hair out.

I see the headline and reading the initial post I thought - wow - what a bad treatment this person got. As I continued reading I got to BobFarmer's first post and without any form of excuse or attack - just stating facts he made sense. As I continued to read the posts - most in defence of ServInt, the service and products they sell. I took a sidetrip to their site, looking at their offers - did a little google to see what is out there when it comes to feedback and it's incredible.

ServInt is a serious, very experienced company, offering hosting services since 1995. They seem to be renowned for their VPS and dedicated servers services. Lots of good things have been said about Servint by their customers.
    This quote was only 1 of many so this post gave me 1 more reason to look at ServInt as my VPS provider.

I'm to new at this to make up my mind yet, I'm still in the research phase but I have to state that ServInt has my serious consideration.

Nils

Contrats Servint... You've dodged a future pain in the arse!!

No company will just jump up and process and setup your order 1-2-3. You need to show some patience.
    I just signed up with ServInt last week. They set my order up 1-2-3. I would have been satisfied with a 24 hour turn around. I signed up right before I left the office and I had an email from them when I logged on from home after dinner. They set me up in about 2 hours.

I'm very new to VPS and their tech support has been awesome. I've been doing most my set up and tranfers from old servers overnight. They've answered all my tickets in the middle of the night in 5-15 minutes. Must fast than expected.

I would highly recommend ServInt.

I am glad I ran across this thread. Seeing how BobFarmer dealt with this customer gives me confidence that I made the right decision when I chose ServInt last week.

Here is my own experience.

My old web host gave me 24 hours to move my sites because they were using too many resources. I was already investigating web hosts, and ServInt was first on my list. I called sales, and was satisfied with the answers I got. After I signed up, my VPS was set up in 3 hours. I included special instructions to have 2 non-standard Perl modules installed. One of the two was not installed. I was able to install it myself.

Transfer of my domains went smoothly. At 1:30am my time (3:30am Virginia time) I called the NOC with 3 tech support issues. One was resolved while I was on the phone. I was asked to submit a ticket for the other two. Both of them were resolved in 9 minutes.

Wow! That's what I call a professional company.

Glad I signed up with ServInt (using PayPal)... they have the most wonderful support system/staff

i just signed up for servint yesterday. I live in aussie and the business hours are opposite to mine. Is it their fault for any slow response?

You made a mistake by not reading the fine print properly, deal with it and stop being a pain. if you're noble, make an apology where it is due.

lots of newbies in this thread...

I think this thread just convinced me to go with ServInt for my VPS. The professionalism displayed in the replies, the solid reasoning and overall good support for them just makes me want to run in their direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast