Thread: MeanPC

MeanPC

Pretty basic Joomla site. I had a pretty good bit of content to integrate from my old static html page. What's the site need?

http://www.meanpc.com

It needs a purpose.

The home page gives me no clue as to who you are or why the site exists.

At the momnent all I can see are a bunch of links for what appears to be your hobbies and a 2003 article.

There is no incentive to even begin to consider exploring the site.

Just my opinion.

So you didnt look at the site? The home page is just one of the content pages that I rotate. Guess that's not a good idea.

I just had a look at the site and am still none the wiser.

It seems to be a bunch of personal observations on a variety of subjects - there are no references, no links, no source documents, no means to comment, can't even see the 'contact' link.

So why does the site exist? It's not a blog, not a forum, not an article site. What is it?

So why does the site exist? It's not a blog, not a forum, not an article site. What is it?
    It exists to be. It is what it is.

There is a forum there, and the contact link at the top of the page does in fact work.

Mean Pc? Why not Slightly misunderstood PC or Give me a break, I'm a PC. Poor guys don't even get to voice their opinion.

It was the best GoDaddy had to offer at the time. 6 letter domain name, easy to remember. If I ever sell something there, don't expect good customer service!

It needs a custom skin because this ain't interesting enough to view. Standard just don't do it for me.

Have done a little reworking. Better? Any advice?

Have totally reskinned the site

Still it smells like Joomla. Be original, dump this standard edited theme.

amygdela - how about you actually give constructive criticism? Your comments are just generally negative in nature. I'm not a template designer or anything. Do you have any specific advice for this site?

Well i'll drop a note....i like the dark site, looks good i like the blue looks good.....but i think that you should add something to your logo up top....like a slogan or something of that nature....

MegaPC
    Your source for <blank>

MegaPC
    <blank> users unite

Kinda get what i'm saying?
    Robert Navarro
    Phiivo.com
    Fun, Personal, Programming!

Hi,
    Tried to go to Downloads section and it said Timeout error. But looks too dark to the eyes.
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Hi,
    Tried to go to Downloads section and it said Timeout error. But looks too dark to the eyes.
    The timeout is probably just an anomaly...
    as for the too dark, do you think a different color on the left side menu would do the trick? or is it the background that is too dark?

nice

nice site good content and I like your design I went into your forums and submitted my website for review I like all the links the layand the layout of your page i give it a 8