Firefox 2.0 is available

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi.../releases/2.0/

This is the same build as RC3, so if you have that installed I don't think there will be an update to install. Build is dated 10/10/06.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Is that the final version?
    HostingChoice - Shared and Reseller Hosting
    - A+ customer support & 100% no-overselling guarantee.
    - Unlimited MySQL Databases and other great features.

MSN: msn@hostingchoice.net AIM: HCLiveHelp02

Nice, I installed it and yeah it is 2.0

Yes, 2.0 Final version. The formal announcement is mere hours away, so avoid the rush now
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

The first major update to the Firefox is slated to release tomorrow, as version 2.0 reaches final state. In actuality, the final release of Firefox 2.0 will be no different from the RC3 version released a week ago.

The version released a week ago came with the statement from Mozilla VP Mike Schroepfer that "If there are no showstoppers, RC3 will be [the final version]." And apparently, there were no showstoppers, so Firefox 2.0 is officially complete.
    Just to clarify, RC3 is 2.0

I've been using 2.0 since the betas and it's great. If anyone's still using IE, you really owe it to yourself to check Firefox out. I haven't used IE 7 yet so can't comment on that, but from most of the reviews I've read it still falls short of Firefox despite the improvements over IE 6.
    http://www.stuffspace.com/ - Keep track of, show off, and review your stuff!

when will it be off beta? i hant got a msg from firefox to tell me to update yet
    Hope it soon

They're saying that RC3 is in fact the official release. Tomorrow is when they are supposed to be officially releasing it I think.

thats great if thats the case, does anyone know though if older extentions still will work, or does it mean waiting for new ones to be made?

Well greasemonkey definitly works however when you start it it actually checks and tell you if you have to update any extensions
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Hmmm: http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/preed...tirelease.html

Maybe it isn't the official release after all?

i, for one, am extremely pleased with the new version (even if a couple of extensions haven't been updated yet).

my firefox memory woes are O-V-E-R, over! right now, 1.5.whatever would've been well over 400mb, but 2.0 is sitting nice and lean at a mere 70mb...

Quote Originally Posted by authorized
    Hmmm: http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/preed...tirelease.html

Maybe it isn't the official release after all?
    Heh, wow, thanks for that link. It's nice to see how much a few of the Firefox team <sarcasm>appreciate</sarcasm> third party sites that spread news of a new release. It's hard to believe they're complaining that we've downloaded a copy posted to an official releases site. Some of the comments in that link are worth reading.

Oh noes! We stoles their bandwidth!

I am loving it, much faster now also!

I just upgraded. I was waiting to make sure IE Tab and Adblock would work with the new FireFox, and they do, so upgrade for me!

There were two red line misspellings in this post . One for FireFox, and one for Adblock. Apparently FireFox should be spelled Firefox.

I'm lovin' the spell check though.

Alex

Yeah same here, very useful feature. (Not that I ever spell a word wrong anyway )

Well, thanks for the link but I can't seem to open Firefox. It keeps saying that it is already running and is not responding. I go to Task Manager to kill the process, and it is already gone once I click OK. I've even restarted. Weird.

Good thing I'm not dependent on firefox... otherwise I would be pulling my hair out
    He arose!

Try renaming
    - C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Mozilla and
    - C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla
    and fire it up again. It'll clear your settings out but fixes that issue most times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V
    Try renaming
    and fire it up again. It'll clear your settings out but fixes that issue most times.
    Or just delete them. Firefox will recreate them when you reinstall/relaunch it.

Quote Originally Posted by adb22791
    I just upgraded. I was waiting to make sure IE Tab and Adblock would work with the new FireFox, and they do, so upgrade for me!

Should consider using adblock plus. It offers filter subscriptions to keep up to date on new ad code, and also offers a filter subscription that eliminates ad elements so you dont end up with a bunch of blank space. adblockplus.org.
    GotPing Internet
    www.gotping.com

Definitely a HUGE improvement...Especially with the annoying memory leak in v1.x

Haven't had that problem in v2.0 yet
    Ben Gabler
    Chairman & CEO, Rocket.net
    Web Hosting Industry Veteran (HostNine, Hostgator, GoDaddy, StackPath)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V
    Try renaming
    Wow! That did the trick! Thank you so much!

I think I might actually switch back from Opera...
    He arose!

I've been using it since beta 1. Things have definitely improved since the 1.5 days

Like a good amount of other FireFox users from the beginning, do not like the version. I've been using FireFox RC3 since its first build a while ago, and its still as buggy. Its bulky, buggy, and over loaded. I remember the day when FireFox was one of the smallest browsers by default. They gave you the choice on what add-ons should be installed. Now its defauled with add-ons, and its bulky. Its a big RAM eater.

I installed it on about 18 computers in the office, and quickly de-installed it a day later. To many crashes.. and for some odd reason on 4 computers.. FireFox would just all of a sudden close.. *poof*.. So its back to v1.5 or Opera again...
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

Firefox only comes with the default Talkback extension for crash reports and its built-in theme. What default add-ons are you referring to and where did you download your copy?