looking for a good non U.S. based host

Hey All,

Can anyone recommend a non U.S. based hosting company?

It should be a windows host that allows ASP pages. They should also allow a certain port open (its for SQL, but is non-standard) so I can use my own SQL server on a co-located server here in the U.S.

Thanks in advace,

Brian Clark
    President
    MDP Enterprises, LLC

Hmmm.... isn't that going to degrade your site/applications performance?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

a little bit, but not too much. It will not exactly be a high traffic website so it should be fine. I would rather keep the data on my own servers then have tod eal with configuration on a remote server.

Quote Originally Posted by mdpenterprises
    a little bit, but not too much. It will not exactly be a high traffic website so it should be fine. I would rather keep the data on my own servers then have tod eal with configuration on a remote server.
    Actually, I did that temporarily with 2 servers both in the US (I was migrating a huge database-driven site), and the load times were 1 second+ per page.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Non US? any reason
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

Quote Originally Posted by ITAhmed
    Non US? any reason
    new U.S. anti-gambling act which prevents me from having information about a poker league I run on a server that is located in the U.S. thus I need to relocate the page outside the U.S. to ensure I comply with the new laws.

Quote Originally Posted by mdpenterprises
    new U.S. anti-gambling act which prevents me from having information about a poker league I run on a server that is located in the U.S. thus I need to relocate the page outside the U.S. to ensure I comply with the new laws.
    Wouldn't the whole site (db and all) need to be hosted outside of the US then, since the database would still be in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    Wouldn't the whole site (db and all) need to be hosted outside of the US then, since the database would still be in the US?
    Smart ideas.... I do not think the whole thing needs to be out, probably just the server serving the website.... getting the data off of mysql is just like getting an image off of a different site.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

Quote Originally Posted by ITAhmed
    Smart ideas.... I do not think the whole thing needs to be out, probably just the server serving the website.... getting the data off of mysql is just like getting an image off of a different site.
    True, but the *content* of the database is still hosted on a US server.

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    True, but the *content* of the database is still hosted on a US server.
    the content contained in the db (username, password, and league points) is not illegal data to have. What I cant do is have a banner.. the banner will be hosted on the page on the server and not in the database.