question about bandwith and host

Can someone tell me how this works if i signed up with my host september 23 does my bandwith reset on October 23 cause I just paid them for the next month already they took it out today. They tell me I have to wait til the first of the month? November 1 for new bandwith. Is this right?

Well, it depends on what system/control panel your host uses.. Some of them only reset at the 1st, and others will reset monthly from the creation date.

Bandwidth resets on the first of the month for Cpanel.
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanworld
    Bandwidth resets on the first of the month for Cpanel.
    That's kind of dumb, IMHO. It should reset on the date that the account was created on the server (and should be manually configurable in the case of account migrations, etc.)
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

That's kind of dumb, IMHO
    Not if you pay monthly, I agree that its dumb if you pay on anniversary. In anyway, it should be configurable.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    Not if you pay monthly, I agree that its dumb if you pay on anniversary. In anyway, it should be configurable.
    True, but how many companies actually bill everyone on the 1st of the month? Not many.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by rob2k4life
    Can someone tell me how this works if i signed up with my host september 23 does my bandwith reset on October 23 cause I just paid them for the next month already they took it out today. They tell me I have to wait til the first of the month? November 1 for new bandwith. Is this right?
    It depends on each host
    Gonzalo
    "To venture is to risk one's life; not to venture is to lose one's reason to live"

As far as I know all these things must be written in TOS. Have you read them thoroughly?