Arrow Atlanta Internap

I'm looking for an alternative to globalcon in Atlanta. Currently have pure internap with them but they are full there so looking for find somewhere else to put machines. I'm looking for pure Internap again as well as the same facility so wondering if anyone has some suggestions.

Their location:

250 Williams Street Suite E-100
    Atlanta, GA 30303

I'll probably do 1/3 cab or so right now only got 1u and the whole space thing is becoming a killer in a lot of datacenters. It's starting to come back to bite us in the *** because we originally were doing 1u at the time do to the expense of having cabs in many datacenters. This same space issue happened in San Jose with servercentral and now with globalcon in ga so not going to make the same mistake again since price isn't as big of a deal now.

So anyone got any suggestions?

Note: This doesn't relate to Devoted Host or web hosting at all this is another business which requires this sort of bandwidth
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Contact Internap directly and they should be able to get you a list of recommended resellers/customers.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Contact Internap directly and they should be able to get you a list of recommended resellers/customers.
    Not neccessarily - Internap has a pretty tight-lip policy about who their customers/resellers are FWIW.

Go ahead and see if www.globalcon.net can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by RossH
    The OP posted that he's already with Globalcon and is looking for an alternative.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    Not neccessarily - Internap has a pretty tight-lip policy about who their customers/resellers are FWIW.
    Ah. OK. I wasn't too sure, as I know other providers such as Peer1 don't hesitate to release such info.

Ah. OK. I wasn't too sure, as I know other providers such as Peer1 don't hesitate to release such info.
    Two totally seperate companies / market segments.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

sitesouth at atlantanap has internap connectivity and colo avail.

Quote Originally Posted by RossH
    I'm sure you didn't read the entire post

But they have no space so we were told. If they had space we'd be using them since we've had no issues there and customers rave about how great the ping times are.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

If you contact Internap directly, most reps will refer you to at least one current Internap reseller. They do this out of necessity since they get a lot of requests for small colo. Usually this 'referral' is to other customers of the rep, AFAIK they don't maintain any sort of master reseller list for each facility. (Well they do have resell 'partners' in each market but that is a separate deal geared toward large corporate accounts).

Quote Originally Posted by sellahost
    sitesouth at atlantanap has internap connectivity and colo avail.
    The OP asked for pure Internap at 250 Williams. In other words, he wants to be in the same Internap facility he's in now. Sitesouth is located about 10 blocks away at 56 Marietta. It's not bad, but not what he asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB
    But they have no space so we were told. If they had space we'd be using them since we've had no issues there and customers rave about how great the ping times are.
    Unfortunately this is becoming quite the norm at Internap Atlanta. What was originally set aside on the other side of the floor for DC expansion is now their corporate HQ, so the word on the street is they're aggressively shopping for more space.

Brandon
    Last edited by cbtrussell; 10-23-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Two totally seperate companies / market segments.
    Not really.

From what I've heard, InterNAP at 250 Williams is pretty much 100% full.

Just FYI -- you can pick up InterNAP bandwidth at 56 Marietta now. It may be worth taking at look at since there are providers at 56 Marietta who have space available.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA
    Dedicated Servers, KVM, Xen & OpenVZ VPS, Co-location, R1Soft Data Backup, Shared & Reseller Hosting

Peer1 business structure is to have them compete directly with their own customers. And when they to do, they won't even hesitate to release some confidential information their customer setup/agreement. Very shaddy business tactic.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Talk to Jeff at GNAX / Tranxact Global and see if they can work out a solution for you. Their new data center opened a few months ago on White Street.

- Chris

GNAX does not offer pure internap, does it?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!

You are right Dave I know Jeff is bringing in a lot of new providers at the White Street facility so I wouldn't be surprised if InterNAP comes over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochen
    You are right Dave I know Jeff is bringing in a lot of new providers at the White Street facility so I wouldn't be surprised if InterNAP comes over time.
    SiteSouth is bringing in Internap, I think. But the OP wants to be in the Internap facility.

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave
    Peer1 business structure is to have them compete directly with their own customers. And when they to do, they won't even hesitate to release some confidential information their customer setup/agreement. Very shaddy business tactic.
    I don't disagree with your statement(s) (considering that Peer1 operates dedicatedhosting.com and serverbeach.com), but I can tell you that I was once in contact with a Peer1 sales rep who simply gave me the names of some of their clients who offer dedicated servers / small colo at one of their data centers. I wasn't referring to them giving away any more information than that. In this case, they would actually be helping their customers get business.

GNAX does not offer pure internap, does it?
    yes - we provide direct cross connects on our metro ethernet to any one at 56 marietta and as someone mentioned - michael at sitesouth has an internap feed being turned up this week over our metro e service to telx. so there are several options.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by cbtrussell
    If you contact Internap directly, most reps will refer you to at least one current Internap reseller. They do this out of necessity since they get a lot of requests for small colo. Usually this 'referral' is to other customers of the rep, AFAIK they don't maintain any sort of master reseller list for each facility. (Well they do have resell 'partners' in each market but that is a separate deal geared toward large corporate accounts).
    Actually, I used to be an Internap agent (before they screwed everyone in the program last year). I've scouted Internap for a couple of people over the years on small commits and I've never gotten anywhere asking for a reseller when they said that they couldn't do the pricing/commit that we wanted - they just flat out refused. This is the NYC market.

I wasn't referring to them giving away any more information than that.
    You were not saying that, but I did and that was my personal experience. They won't even hesitate to compete with their own customers and even to reveal the customer setup to win the business. But as someone said, the two are completely operating at two different levels. While Internap is a professional company with the infrastucture, ability, and proven track record to deliver their SLA gurantee, Peer1 is quite the contrary. Peer1 is Internap wannabe and that's all.

You were not saying that, but I did and that was my personal experience. They won't even hesitate to compete with their own customers and even to reveal the customer setup to win the business. But as someone said, the two are completely operating at two different levels. While Internap is a professional company with the infrastucture, ability, and proven track record to deliver their SLA gurantee, Peer1 is quite the contrary. Peer1 is Internap wannabe and that's all.
    I don't disagree with your personal experience. Just adding my own experience to it as well.

This thread isn't about Peer1 vs. Internap but in any case, I think it's more accurate to say Peer1 is a Mzima-wannabe. (both providers concentrate on peering with broadband ISPs and supplement this with transit to tier-1s whereas Internap is just tier-1s and very rarely peering [e.g. in the case of Dallas where they have a peering relationship with Cox]).

Ahh sorry,

Well if you can live without the actual same DC check out sitesouth as others have stated in the thread.

Also check out www.globalhosting.com

Actually, I used to be an Internap agent (before they screwed everyone in the program last year). I've scouted Internap for a couple of people over the years on small commits and I've never gotten anywhere asking for a reseller when they said that they couldn't do the pricing/commit that we wanted - they just flat out refused. This is the NYC market.
    We were an Internap agent as well. The referrals I'm talking about are the 1U-10U guys looking to colo a box or two, much like the OP. We used to get those leads from our rep (and the rep before him) fairly often... come to think of it though, we haven't gotten one in several months.

Brandon

To clarify what we offer for everyone, we offer the option of either pure InterNap or InterNap blended with GNAX bandwidth.

Jeff and I have had a number of conversations about InterNap at the new data center. SiteSouth will be the only one offering InterNap at the the new AtlantaNap. We do our own routing of the InterNap bandwidth so it is completely independent from GNAX/AtlantaNap. We run our own redundant routers, IDS/IPS/DDoS and firewalls and support.

We no longer accept new clients at 56 Marietta St. When our contract ends at 56 in 2008 we will be moving everyone to the AtlantaNap.
    Last edited by mgphoto; 10-24-2006 at 02:54 AM.
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB
    I'm looking for an alternative to globalcon in Atlanta. Currently have pure internap with them but they are full there so looking for find somewhere else to put machines. I'm looking for pure Internap again as well as the same facility so wondering if anyone has some suggestions.

Their location:

250 Williams Street Suite E-100
    Atlanta, GA 30303

I'll probably do 1/3 cab or so right now only got 1u and the whole space thing is becoming a killer in a lot of datacenters. It's starting to come back to bite us in the *** because we originally were doing 1u at the time do to the expense of having cabs in many datacenters. This same space issue happened in San Jose with servercentral and now with globalcon in ga so not going to make the same mistake again since price isn't as big of a deal now.

So anyone got any suggestions?

Note: This doesn't relate to Devoted Host or web hosting at all this is another business which requires this sort of bandwidth
    I am very sorry for this. We have signed the power agreement months ago and it has been a challenge for the Internap herself. However, I just received a call today that things will change as we may get power from a customer that cancel or other source of power. Hopefully by the first week of November we will have additional power. Our current customers will always get the first priority for expansion.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I have been looking for an internap provider in the atlanta area. This helps. Thanks