Recomendation for Dallas, Austin, or Houston Colo

Currently have one cabinet at The Planet but they've sent notice that they're increasing my price near 5 fold (ouch!) and I can't afford that. I could probably fit into half cabinet, I only got a full at the time due to the pricing that Jeff offered way back when.

Any recommendations for colo in dallas.. or austin..or houston..but I'm thinking dallas is going to be the most reasonable price wise and the equipment is already there?

I'd like to stay in the ~$400 MRC range and need 1/2 to 1 cab + ~2 mbit (95%) + 20 amp...

I thought I'd found a place awhile back but looking at colo4dallas pricing its a bit more than that...

Thanks for your help -

I would advise going with Colo4Dallas. We have been a customer of The Planet since early 2003 and we became a customer of C4D a couple of months back. When we were selecting a co-location provider I visited both TP and C4D in Dallas. While TP have a very impressive facility on Stemmons Freeway their offerings aren't flexible enough and the pricing is over the top for what is on offer.

At C4D we have a much better setup for significantly less than The Planet were charging. Unless you get things escalated up the chain of command at The Planet support can be a bit hit or miss. C4D can offer all of the goodies that The Planet have on offer like HSRP, 100% SLAs on power and network connectivity, 15 minute guarantee on reboots etc. As has been pointed out in other threads Paul and his team know what they are talking about and go out of their way to help.

I personally don't think The Planet are interested in doing co-location and would prefer to use their data center space for leased dedicated server solutions. I think this is why you are seeing the dramatic price rises. Having said that power prices have gone up significantly over the past few years. With C4D although they sell one dedicated server plan this is not really a market they focus on - they do co-location and do it very well.

I would get in touch with Paul or Patrick and see what kind of solution C4D can work out for you

- Chris

Colomart.com might be able to offer you something, talk to Jeff.

This topic has been discussed many a times though, infact I believe the same exact name was used just few weeks back...try using the search feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochen
    I personally don't think The Planet are interested in doing co-location and would prefer to use their data center space for leased dedicated server solutions. I think this is why you are seeing the dramatic price rises. Having said that power prices have gone up significantly over the past few years. With C4D although they sell one dedicated server plan this is not really a market they focus on - they do co-location and do it very well.
    I think you nailed it with this comment. It's ashame when I got in that stemmons facility it was so nice (old inflow facility) and almost empty.. now its alot fuller and the prices are going through the roof. (And no more free food / beer though I rarely go to the DC anyway )

Thanks for the input!
    Last edited by colocooler; 10-23-2006 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx
    Colomart.com might be able to offer you something, talk to Jeff.

This topic has been discussed many a times though, infact I believe the same exact name was used just few weeks back...try using the search feature.
    Thanks. I checked out their site and I don't see any pricing. I guess I'll have to ask for a quote. Thanks for the input.

Colomart offers good deals, right on their site http://colomart.com/hosting.htm $355/mo for Half cab + 3mbps...

i believe they have a mix of Level3/glbx/abovenet...not bad.

www.colo4dallas.com is the best I know of for the Dallas area.

Try ColoGuys, they have an excellent network and datacenter in the Dallas Infomart (which depending on your TP location might be close by). I wouldn't look any further than them, Ukyo runs an excellent shop.

Alex