Question Need recommendation for webhost

I currently looking for backup for my dedicated server (I mean if it'll go down). Requirements are:

web space: 2GB
    mysql databases: at least 10
    domains : at least 10
    transfer: at least 400GB/month
    mod_rewrite support

I looked at 1and1.com , they plans seems to be good but I read reviews where customers say that they support is horrible. Please advise.

If you really need the 400GB, then Shared Hosting is not the place to look, this is pretty deep into overselling land. I would recommend another dedicated box.

What's your budget? please don't tell me that you want that at $5 per month
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

ckissi, you definitely need not a shared hosting but a dedicated one. But it depends on how much are you ready to pay for it?

Is it worth to pay for another machine e.g. $250/month just for backup ? This is why I looking for shared. I would pay about $25-30/month for this

I need offer, then I can think about increase of budget. But I didn't receive any one yet. Please recommend...

Try servint.com they are the best
    ArzNet.com
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!

If you're going to use it only for backup, visit bqbackup.com, Scott is going to take good care of you.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

servint.com doesnt offer shared hosting

Not just remote backup, I need fully functional sites

Go look in the offers section, you can pickup dedicated servers for < $80 nowadays!

Is this a Windows or Linux solution you are looking for?

I prefer linux, every site is based on PHP and MYSQL

1&1

I Like 1&1:

1. Their price is good. $2.24/mon for unlimted shared hosting
    2. I know some of the customer relationship people there and they are quite friendly.
    3. I had no problem with their support.

If you still don't like them, I had a very good experience with hostgator which are excellent but more expensive....

Check out my site for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by ckissi
    I currently looking for backup for my dedicated server (I mean if it'll go down). Requirements are:

web space: 2GB
    mysql databases: at least 10
    domains : at least 10
    transfer: at least 400GB/month
    mod_rewrite support

I looked at 1and1.com , they plans seems to be good but I read reviews where customers say that they support is horrible. Please advise.

thanx aviyahoo, I have one account with hostgator, excellent service I just cannot take 400 with them for "friendly" price.

If I understand correctly, you don't simply need backup space, you want a place where your sites can actually run while your main server is down. Question is, why do you think you need 400GB of data transfer, for you'll be running off of this backup solution for a couple of days (at most), untill you get your server back online/get a new server?

yes, you're right. this should be able to run all my sites during recover of dedicated machine. Maybe 400GB is overcounted but our monthly bandwidth consumption is over 500GB. I want it to be able run our sites for at least 2 weeks. Maybe we'll put some minor sites there.

Try some of these companies offering 1tb like bluehost.

bluehost has lot of negative reviews here on WHT

I just don't believe this terabyte stuff. If you don't really pay for bandwidth then it's not really yours, and that's a shaky foundation to build on.
    WebHostingScene.com - Find a web host, read tips and commentary, and keep up with hosting deals and trends

SensibleHosts.com - Locate realistic hosting plans; avoid oversellers!

yes, you're right. this should be able to run all my sites during recover of dedicated machine. Maybe 400GB is overcounted but our monthly bandwidth consumption is over 500GB. I want it to be able run our sites for at least 2 weeks. Maybe we'll put some minor sites there.
    It looks to me like you need a second server with specifications close to the ones of the server you're currently using. Anything else will be just a cheap illusion of safety.

You can actually pay for decent service and get a VPS from:

www.myriadnetwork.com
    www.knownhost.com

Or you can go cheap budget and go with one of the oversellers which will probably burn you:

www.mediatemple.net
    www.dreamhost.com
    www.godaddy.com

Best of luck to you.

Note: I have come to the realization that I'm never going to get someone with unrealistic expectations (cheap prices with tons of bandwidth) to actually pay for the service they need so I'll start reccomending overselling hosts.

Your clients or your savings?
    www.mosso.com
    That might work out.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused