need hosting which support innodb of mysql

Hi,
    my site needs innodb of mysql.
    I found nearly no hosting comppany support it.

Can you help me out?
    Thank you!

Not sure why you need INNODB since this is mostly used as a backup solution.

two scripts

Because my applicatinon needs the following script to be run on the mysql server:

CREATE TABLE `active_sessions` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `user_id` int(11) default NULL, `session_id` char(255) default NULL, `lastused` datetime default NULL, `ip` char(30) default NULL, UNIQUE KEY `id` (`id`), KEY `session_id_idx` (`session_id`) ) TYPE=InnoDB;

Won't it work just the same without the TYPE=InnoDB?

Have you asked ane tech support?

Do you really need to work with Innodb ? The most common type on mysql servers is MyISAM. But Innodb should work on all mysql server.
    BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
    Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

I do need innodb to run my application.
    I have bought space from cirtexhosting.com and i found that these script can't be run on their server.

The default intallation of mysql on my windows xp box can run these scripts.
    I don't know why many companies turn off this feature.

My budget is $5 per month I only need about 1.5G space and my site is low traffic site.If any company can fulfill my requirement,I will buy your space.
    Last edited by wangwangwang; 10-23-2006 at 09:59 AM.

Just ask your host to enable it via its /etc/my.cnf file or change host. Your budget is too low for us.
    BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
    Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

Ask to your host why they can't set INNODB , because is something pretty easy to do
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I've already asked tech support at random. And they said YES.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic
    Won't it work just the same without the TYPE=InnoDB?
    1) The topic poster obviously needs transaction support, which MyISAM table types doesnt have.

To the original topic poster:

2) Are you aware that the company giving support for InnoDB and created the InnoDB was bought last year from Oracle ? (so you might want to reconsider)

3) I am sure there are many hosting companies with InnoDB support, but the price range might not be within the budget hosting packages.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

I'm sure lots of webhosts support it.... it's just not enabled by default. just ask if they would enable it while shopping around.
    www.griffinhosting.com

WHMCS Email Plus+ - Email integration with Sendgrid, Mailgun, Postmark, Amazon, Mandrill, Sparkpost, Sendinblue and others...

InnoDB tables are available at Dreamhost, that should fit in your budget

Quote Originally Posted by wangwangwang
    I do need innodb to run my application.
    I have bought space from cirtexhosting.com and i found that these script can't be run on their server.

The default intallation of mysql on my windows xp box can run these scripts.
    I don't know why many companies turn off this feature.

My budget is $5 per month I only need about 1.5G space and my site is low traffic site.If any company can fulfill my requirement,I will buy your space.
    Hi,

We do support innodb, if you're having any issues please let us know via helpdesk and we'll take care of ya.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Always a good idea to open a ticket and check with your host before hand.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

Personally, I would of thought most hosts would support InnoDB.

ITAhmed has the idea, open a pre-sales ticket with any prospective host and outline your requirements before hand!

Quote Originally Posted by KeiGDP
    Personally, I would of thought most hosts would support InnoDB.

ITAhmed has the idea, open a pre-sales ticket with any prospective host and outline your requirements before hand!
    I honestly thought all hosts if not at least most supported it it. It turns out that he\she is with Citix Hosting and they told him that they do support it (earlier reply)
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

Quote Originally Posted by ITAhmed
    I honestly thought all hosts if not at least most supported it it. It turns out that he\she is with Citix Hosting and they told him that they do support it (earlier reply)
    That's Cirtex* Hosting Yes we do support it but do not recommend users to use innodbs but if user is having trouble with it we'll take care if it if they let us know.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams

Why don't you recommend users to use it?

If they've got a script that requires transactional support, recommending them not to use it would be a bit of a stupid thing to do.

If they have an "inkling" to use InnoDB, chances are that they've got a damn good reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by KeiGDP
    Why don't you recommend users to use it?

If they've got a script that requires transactional support, recommending them not to use it would be a bit of a stupid thing to do.

If they have an "inkling" to use InnoDB, chances are that they've got a damn good reason to do so.
    Hi,

We only recommend myisam over innodb in certain cases as a suggestion, we in no way discourage our users from using innodb. If they wish to use innodb, they're free to do so, and of course if a user runs into any problems they can contact us.

Cheers