VPSLink - Dissapointed with support

I registered and sent payment via paypal two days ago. This isnt that bad, what im unhappy about is that fact that i have contacted sales and support around 3 times over these past 3 days, aswell as asking on the forum. I have had no reply from support or sales and theres is never nobody around on the forums.

Im paying for a VPS im not even using, they state
    LinkVPS plans are configured to enable access to your server administration panel nearly instantaneously.
    To be fair they also say that using free emails (Which i did) may delay the process. But when i email a support team i expect a response within at least 24 hours. After contacting them through there site, they say you will have a response within this time.

I have not.
    Reliable - 99.9% Uptime - Hosted at theplanet - Cpanel
    Quality internet services

This doesn't sound right, and I don't understand how using a free e-mail service delays anything. Hotmail, Gmail, yahoo, and many other free mail services offer almost instant mail delivery!

Give it a couple of days more and try to get a refund from PayPal.

So you're mad that you didn't get a response from a company's support, when you're not a customer yet, because you did something that they indicated would delay the creation of an account?

Quote Originally Posted by minsight
    So you're mad that you didn't get a response from a company's support, when you're not a customer yet, because you did something that they indicated would delay the creation of an account?
    They also say they will get back to you within 24 hours of contacting sales and they have not. And i have payed which actually does make me a customer.

You're a customer when you have an account.

Thread moved to VPS Forum.

You're a customer when you have an account.
    If he paid for a service then he certainly has the right to voice an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    Thread moved to VPS Forum.

If he paid for a service then he certainly has the right to voice an opinion.
    Thanks, Thats what i was getting at. If you payed for a car and never got it, im sure you would want to know what the hecks going on.

Issue has been resolved

host2uk,

First off let me apologize for the delay in activating you account. As you may have already seen from our forums, and from the WHT forums 95% of our accounts are activated minutes after taking the order. Unfortunately the order did trigger our fraud system based on the postcode issue. At the same time we did suffer an outage on our email systems for vpslink.com -- this prevented us from seeing the signup emails in our queue, and also made the message you sent from our forums delayed into our queues. Rest assured the techs are working hard to make sure this doesn't happen again. We pride ourselves on making sure you're happy -- if there's anything we can do to help make the situation better for you, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Cameron
    Spry Virtual Server/VPS Hosting
    Linux Dedicated Resource Virtual Servers, Virtual Private Servers, WHM / cPanel Licensing
    VPSLink Cheap VPS XEN and OpenVZ
    CentOS, Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, cPanel, DirectAdmin, HostInABox, LAMP, Ruby pre-installed

I have to say I've been using VPSlink for a few months, mainly as a backup DNS server using mydns, and its working great. The latency is a bit long, but the docs on how to setup Mysql with low mem made up for it. Kudus to Spry.

I've been with them for 6 months and am about to extend that to a year on a link 4.

Although they have had hickups, and the network has issues its not been too bad. The only thing I would criticise is the speed, currently they are not as good as people would like and this can be seen through looking at some of the posts on the forums.

I've found my VPS to be fine...no major issues. To begin with there were outages every few days, this was because they were new and still getting everything going...but now its all settled its good.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

Absolutely, speed (especially latency) is an area that needs improvement for VPSlink. I have very little volume, so it would be nice if they'd increase the latency for me. Come to think of it, I think I'll ask!

The only problem is...it doesnt look like they will be doing anything about it. For the last few months their staff have been almost non-existent.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

I too have been on VPSLink for 6 months. I mainly use it to provide web services / API for my other websites.

I agree that stability wise it is pretty good. OpenVZ feels quite mature, and VPSLink has optimized it well to keep everything stable.

I won't say CPU and IO performance are "bad", but rather, "unpredictable", which might be typical to some VPS providers who cram all different types of customers onto the same physical server. In my case it runs fast throughout the day, and then everything slows down dramatically from around 0am-2am UTC -- probably when someone's heavy cron job kicks in.

Scott