registerfly? whats taking so long?

Dear geestring,

Please be advised when you transfer out of registerfly you have to verify that the admin contact email displays your email address in a whois look up as this is where the approval email will be sent. You can do this by updating your contact info.

Please be advised you edit contact profile by:

1. go to manage domains
    2. click on individual domain name
    3. in domain detail page click on the + sign on domain contact information
    4. click configure
    5. where it says choose a profile select default registerfly profile
    6. click submit.

what does this mean? I have checked the email i have put and no confirmation email.

am i doing something wrong?

hi-their service has gotten very bad. ive chosen to be with them for a few years now. ive left names there on purpose for a few reasons. despite those names, i have some others now i purchased when they had their specials on .info etc.. well, its been a nightmare just changing nameservers for domain names. i mention this, because with so many people starting up ventures with hosting, if you have a fairly new domain name, ( i was told by tech support that 30 to 60 days is considered new to them ) and you are using it for your ns1 or ns2, if its not in the registerfly data base for dns nameservers, when a customer goes to change the nameservers for their domain name, it will get an error, saying the domain name is not in the registry. so then you must submit a support ticket to them to have them manually change them for you. i did that yesterday with a domain name. it has taken me 36 hours for them to reply. i even just called them on the phone, and he would not help me, said i had to do it through the support ticket system. two days ago, i had the same problem when trying to change nameservers with a another domain name. i received a rather fast response, telling me it was not a registerfly registry issue this time, but a problem with their own system and that they were working on the problem. i also asked him if i could have the president of the companys name, so i could send him a customer comment on this situation. the support person replied, " we are a private company, i dont have to supply that ". anyway, to others, yes i know theres people with no problems, but im just passing on my most recent experience with them. thanks

sorry-i posted that, and then i remembered the nightmare regarding my transfer from about 3 weeks ago. dont know how i temporarily forgot. ill try and be brief. i had a name with yahoo. managed to do all the homework and got it released to melbourne it so i could eventually transfer it away. for those that dont know, its a wierd process. anyway, i wanted to transfer it to registerfly because i have some funds there still on account. long story short, i received all the emails, and then received the one you get to verify. this is kinda tricky, they have a code you put in when you have a domain name that doesnt require a authorizaion number. i kept entering the code number over and over again. for days i entered it. thinking oh ok, just give it some time. no luck. this went on for days. so then i was worried about the 5 day cutoff date. so i sent several emails to melbourne it. after a few days i got a response. they said-oh we dont require any verification right now for your .com. in the future yes, but not now. its the gaining registrar that is requesting this code not us. im like---oh no...i contacted registerfly, they said-well we dont require a code. i said-i have an email here where it says im supposed to put in this code when the domain name does not require a authorization number. i said-it doesnt work for me. ive tried and tried and tried, for days now. they said-i think thats something required by melbourne it. what ? the feeling is hard to describe but---ill cut to the chase. i was going to just cancel the transfer, and then i thought-ill try one more time, and low and behold, to my amazement--the code worked! thanks

well registerfly isnt sending me any confirmation emails with codes.

Quote Originally Posted by geestring
    well registerfly isnt sending me any confirmation emails with codes.
    Have you done ALL they have requested?
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Yeah, did you do everything as they advice? It seems you need to check and change / update your email address so you can recieve the approval e-mail.

I'd advice you to PM "RegFly", he is quick and should fix it for you.

Good luck!
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

i alrdy msged him.

firstly i alrdy checked the whois for my domain name, and checked the admin email that i have used.

secondly if i do need to change the admin email, how? the instructions dont apply to expired domains? You cant select an expired domain and change its profile. if so tell me.

the instructions dont apply to expired domains?
    Is the domain expired???

yes. so i renewed on another registrar.

is it not possible to transfer expired domains or something?

You should first renew your domain, then go to a new registrar and transfer your domain. On the e-mail address given in the domain whois you'll get a letter to prove transfer. So, you'll have your domain renewed for 2 years, which is even better.

i didnt do that. It was expired, then i transfered at the new registrar... is that the wrong process. So if i did it wrong why didnt/isnt registerfly saying so?

what the hell do i do.

well ok i guess you cannot transfer expired domains!

then why the hell do registrars allow you to transfer expired domains? to steal your money? what am i supposed to do now. pay two times?

what am i supposed to do now. pay two times?
    What's wrong with paying 2 times? You'll get your domain renewed for 2 years...

well ok i guess you cannot transfer expired domains!

then why the hell do registrars allow you to transfer expired domains? to steal your money? what am i supposed to do now. pay two times?
    Why twice? If the domain is expired then the domain transfer request @ new registrar would fail and they will refund your transfer fees.

I'd advice you to renew the name with registerfly and then transfer away if you wish.

Also you must stay with registrar for 45 days after renewal to recieve the additional year you recieve with transfer. ( 2 years in total - as per ICANN rule )

Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Registerfly Woes

I have been trying to renew 3 domain names for over a week now and each time I submit they all come back as unsuccessful. One domain is due to expire in a few days.

They have not answered my Trouble Tickets for a week, their Live Chat doesn't work and their 'phone is, I suspect, off the hook as it's engaged 24 x 7.

I have contacted ICANN but they can't do much so I'll try to transfer to GoDaddy.

One of the domain names comes up as being registered in Registerfly's name and I try to update but nothing changes.

I've got over 50 domains with them so I think I'll have to bite the bullet and try and transfer them all away. Big job!