Question Average user resources usage on your server.

How much does your average client use up in resources like bandwith and disk space?

Depending on the type of client you host depends on what they use, for example one client may have a basic html site with little visitors, while another could be a large forum with a great deal of visitors. If you are looking to create plans for a hosting company, find out what your market is and create plans to suit it.

Hope that Helps
    redihot.com | low cost quality hosting
    Looking for a web hosting solution? Gain complete satisfaction today.
    With our 99.95% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7 Monitoring, Friendly Support, Cpanel/Fantastico, Domains and much more, why wait?

Yes but I am curious about is what most people who sign up for a plan actually use. I mean this is one of the factors webhosting companies are able to oversell more or less. There are some companies who have more blog type of clients and others who have a higher percentage of heavy clients.

This is for pure curiosity as I'm not a reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by vitalis
    Yes but I am curious about is what most people who sign up for a plan actually use. I mean this is one of the factors webhosting companies are able to oversell more or less. There are some companies who have more blog type of clients and others who have a higher percentage of heavy clients.

This is for pure curiosity as I'm not a reseller.

It seems there have been recent threads about this issue but you will just have to browse the forums as I cannot remember what the titles were

Here is one: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=549465
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Ooops, I just realized that is not the correct link. If I ever do find it I will re-post it.
    Sorry!
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

in our case we had a study, 200 - 500MB Disk space and 1 to 5 GB Bandwidth is where 90% of the users fall.... keep in mind these are multi domain accounts.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

Most of my clients don't use up half of their allocated amounts.
    - T20Host.com
    - WebSite Design & Templates
    - 24/7 Support
    - "Hosting with value....

Yes, the greater part of the clients uses not all disk space and bandwidth they have paid for. Most of the hosting companies abuse it and oversell traffic and etc.
    You know all depends on the hosting and demands of the clients.
    It's quite difficult to say the exact figures.

Overselling by 10% - 15% is pretty safe, overselling much more than that is taking a big chance and can result in many unhappy customers. also having an expansion server in place can be very ideal.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

I agree with you, ITAhmed, that 10% - 15% of overselling is acceptable thing but more of it is....you know what I mean. In this case I consider there is no sense to be in touch with this company at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hostingwhere
    Most of my clients don't use up half of their allocated amounts.
    I second that. Very few do. I have fairly large plans and my clients are more then welcome to use all of their resources but out of 45 clients on one server only 2 uses a lot of bandwidth. One vbulletin forum, average users online 200-400, and a downloads site.

I don't think that means all hosts are oversellers its just that in reality you could oversell a server and probably not fill it up for a long time. Which Im a math freak and worry a lot so I just figure up what I pay for the server, how much space and bandwidth is on the server, and then figure up how I can make plans I can make some profit on.

I think its a good idea though to plan like every customer is going to use their allotment even if they don't.